Tags: Arthritis | juvenile | arthritis | treatment

How Should I Treat My Juvenile Arthritis?

By    |   Monday, 07 July 2014 09:57 AM

Question: I'm a 42-year-old female and have had juvenile rheumatoid arthritis since age 11. What do you recommend I do to treat it? Is surgery and option?

Dr. Hibberd's answer:
Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis usually fades as most people enter their teen years, but unfortunately some suffer full complications seen in adult-onset arthritis, including joint destruction and deformity.
RA is typically treated aggressively with immune-mediating drugs that protect the joint and bone from destruction. I recommend you see a rheumatologist for medication recommendations specific to the disease activity you have.
Joint replacement surgery is an option for those with diseased and destroyed joints, and remission can be induced with the use of the correct  medications under the supervision of your rheumatologist.

© 2018 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.

1Like our page
Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis usually fades as most people enter their teen years, but some have complications that continue into adulthood that must be treated.
juvenile, arthritis, treatment
Monday, 07 July 2014 09:57 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

The information presented on this website is not intended as specific medical advice and is not a substitute for professional medical treatment or diagnosis. Read Newsmax Terms and Conditions of Service.

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved