Tags: high | testosterone | treat

How Do I Treat High Testosterone?

By    |   Wednesday, 22 October 2014 10:21 AM

Question: My doctor tells me my testosterone is too high for a woman. I’ve heard of low-T therapy, but what can I do to lower my testosterone?
Dr. Hibberd's answer:
I would recommend that you request a referral to an endocrinologist, who is a specialist who can evaluate why your testosterone levels are elevated and what you can and should do to bring them into a normal range.
After retesting your free and total testosterone levels to confirm your elevated reading, the doctor may also recommend that you have an ultrasound screening of your ovaries and adrenal glands for signs of abnormal growth.

© 2019 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.

1Like our page
An endocrinologist can evaluate testosterone levels and prescribe treatment.
high, testosterone, treat
Wednesday, 22 October 2014 10:21 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

The information presented on this website is not intended as specific medical advice and is not a substitute for professional medical treatment or diagnosis. Read Newsmax Terms and Conditions of Service.

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved