Peter Hibberd, M.D., is a doctor whose advice is based on more than 28 years of hospital outpatient and inpatient experience. He is an experienced emergency medicine physician, surgeon, and consultant. Dr. Hibberd is certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine. He is also a fellow and active member of the American Academy of Family Physicians, an active member of the American College of Emergency Physicians, and a member and fellow of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine. Dr. Hibberd has earned numerous national and international professional certifications, memberships, and awards.

Is Pain On One Side Of My Head Neuralgia?

Monday, 19 July 2010 01:34 PM

Question: I have suffered with neuralgia for years. It usually starts in one side of my head, moves down into my ear, and then moves to the other side of my body from my groin all the way down to my foot. It’s very painful. Any suggestions?

Dr. Hibberd's Answer:

Headaches on one side of the body associated with pain in the extremities of the other side are not correctly classified as neuralgia. You need to have your symptoms investigated for central nervous system disease or circulation disorder. I recommend you seek a neurology consultation as soon as you can. In the meantime see your primary care physician for evaluation. You need a professional evaluation without delay.

© HealthDay

1Like our page
Monday, 19 July 2010 01:34 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

The information presented on this website is not intended as specific medical advice and is not a substitute for professional medical treatment or diagnosis. Read Newsmax Terms and Conditions of Service.

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved