Peter Hibberd, M.D., is a doctor whose advice is based on more than 28 years of hospital outpatient and inpatient experience. He is an experienced emergency medicine physician, surgeon, and consultant. Dr. Hibberd is certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine. He is also a fellow and active member of the American Academy of Family Physicians, an active member of the American College of Emergency Physicians, and a member and fellow of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine. Dr. Hibberd has earned numerous national and international professional certifications, memberships, and awards.

Why Do I Suffer From Chronic Flu Symptoms?

Monday, 19 July 2010 11:08 AM

Question: I suffer chronic flu symptoms unless I take over-the-counter antihistamines or apple cider vinegar in water. No doctor has been able to adequately explain this. What is your opinion?

Dr. Hibberd's Answer:

It may sound like you have found a reasonable set of symptom relievers for your presumed allergy symptoms, but since you are not sure of the cause, I suggest you be professionally evaluated by your family physician. Continuous flu-like symptoms are a red flag for underlying disease, infections, inflammation, autoimmune disease, and malignancy, and should generate a visit to your doctor for investigation and evaluation without delay.

© HealthDay

1Like our page
Monday, 19 July 2010 11:08 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

The information presented on this website is not intended as specific medical advice and is not a substitute for professional medical treatment or diagnosis. Read Newsmax Terms and Conditions of Service.

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved