Peter Hibberd, M.D., is a doctor whose advice is based on more than 28 years of hospital outpatient and inpatient experience. He is an experienced emergency medicine physician, surgeon, and consultant. Dr. Hibberd is certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine. He is also a fellow and active member of the American Academy of Family Physicians, an active member of the American College of Emergency Physicians, and a member and fellow of the American Academy of Emergency Medicine. Dr. Hibberd has earned numerous national and international professional certifications, memberships, and awards.

Will Anything Increase Height in Older People?

Tuesday, 15 June 2010 10:07 AM

Question: I have seen advertisements for substances that reportedly stimulate height growth in people older than 25. I am 51 years old. Are there any clinically tested substances that can stimulate a couple of inches of growth in older people?

Dr. Hibberd's Answer:

We have not discovered any substance that will increase your height once your growth plates have fused, which happens in the middle to late teenage years. Any hope of increasing your height after the age of 25 is presently rewarding the thieves that promote their misleading products at your expense.

© HealthDay

1Like our page
Tuesday, 15 June 2010 10:07 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

The information presented on this website is not intended as specific medical advice and is not a substitute for professional medical treatment or diagnosis. Read Newsmax Terms and Conditions of Service.

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved