Here are cooking tips to help avoid generating chemicals that may harm your health:
• Trim excess fat from meat.
• Cover the grill with punctured aluminum foil to prevent drips from hitting hot coals.
• Marinate food you intend to cook to help its surface from getting so hot. University of Hawaii Cancer Center found that marinating meat could reduce damaging chemicals by 67 percent. The key is to use a thin, vinegar-based sauce and leave out the sugar.
• Instead of high, set the grill on medium-high heat.
• If you’re cooking burgers, flip them frequently and take care not to char or burn the meat.
• Cut the charred part off, even if you like it. It’s just not worth harming your health.
© 2021 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.