One of the great pitfalls of medicine is its treatment of chronic disease, and — more specifically — its failure to utilize nutritional methods to enhance the effectiveness and safety of medical care, and prevent many diseases in the first place. For example:
• We prescribe antibiotics to treat infections, yet do not use powerful nutritional immune stimulants to assist the body in fighting these infections. Modern medicine also ignores the need to replace the beneficial bacteria in the colon after taking an antibiotic. Probiotics are absolutely necessary to maintain those bacteria.
• Doctors perform surgeries, but fail to support healing with proper nutrition and immune support, despite the fact that both surgery and anesthesia are powerful immune suppressors.
• Doctors treat strokes and heart attacks, but ignore the harmful excitotoxic effects of food additives and protein supplements that lead to those events. Even worse, they refuse to use magnesium to or to prescribe other nutrients known to support the heart and brain.
• Modern medicine treats cancer with powerful drug combinations that have little positive impact on the majority of cancers. However, these drugs do make many curable cancers incurable and often shorten lives. Likewise, doctors ignore recent scientific advances in nutrients and nutrient supplements that do suppress cancer development and growth.
• Worse yet, modern medicine ignores scientific evidence that common food additives such as MSG, omega-6 oils, and aspartame dramatically promote cancer growth. Ironically, many cancer patients are even encouraged to include these cancer-promoters in their diet.
© 2023 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.