A new Rasmussen Reports poll shows that Republicans trust Donald Trump less than Democrats trust Hillary Clinton, but independent voters don't trust either.
When asked "do you trust Hillary Clinton," Democrats said:
- Yes: 66 percent;
- No: 20 percent;
- Not Sure: 14 percent.
When asked "do you trust Donald Trump," Republicans said:
- Yes: 53 percent;
- No: 31 percent;
- Not Sure: 16 percent.
Members of other parties and unaffiliated voters responded:
- Trust Clinton: 21 percent;
- Don't Trust Clinton: 65 percent;
- Undecided on Clinton: 14 percent;
- Trust Trump: 26 percent;
- Don't Trust Trump: 54 percent;
- Undecided on Trump: 21 percent.
Overall, when not broken down by alignment, Clinton and Trump are about tied in trustworthiness:
- Trust Clinton: 34 percent;
- Don't Trust Clinton: 55 percent;
- Undecided on Clinton: 10 percent;
- Trust Trump: 29 percent;
- Don't Trust Trump: 58 percent;
- Undecided on Trump: 13 percent.
This matches an early-August poll from The Washington Post/ABC News, which showed voters think Trump and Clinton are almost equally dishonest and untrustworthy.
Rasmussen Reports surveyed 1,000 likely voters across the country, from Aug. 11-14, with a margin of error of +/- 3 percentage points.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.