Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 9 points nationally, according to the latest Fairleigh Dickinson University poll released Wednesday.
- Clinton: 45 percent;
- Trump: 36 percent;
- Gary Johnson: 11 percent;
- Jill Stein: 3 percent.
Clinton leads Trump 50 percent to 40 percent in a head-to-head matchup, according to the poll.
Other results from the poll:
- Clinton has a slight edge among Independents: 44 percent to 40 percent;
- Clinton's support from Democrats: 92 percent;
- Trump's support from Republicans: 80 percent;
- Trump with men: 17-point edge;
- Clinton with women: 14-point lead.
Further, Clinton leads Trump in every age demographic:
- Millennials: 46 percent to 43 percent;
- Ages 30-44: 55 percent to 28 percent;
- Ages 45-64: 48 percent to 43 percent;
- Seniors: 50 percent to 43 percent.
The Fairleigh Dickinson University poll was conducted Sept. 28-Oct. 2 among a random national sample of 862 registered voters, including 788 likely voters. Results have a margin of sampling error of +/- 4.4 percentage points for likely voters.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.