×
Newsmax TV & Webwww.newsmax.comFREE - In Google Play
VIEW
×
Newsmax TV & Webwww.newsmax.comFREE - On the App Store
VIEW
Skip to main content
Tags: Afghanistan | drone | suicidebombers | civiliandeaths

US to Probe After Civilian Deaths Reported in Drone Attack

Sunday, 29 August 2021 08:41 PM

The U.S. Central Command said it’s still assessing results of the strike following reports of civilian casualties. 

The strike led to “substantial and powerful subsequent explosions” from the vehicle, indicating it had a large amount of explosives, which may have led to casualties, it said.   

“It is unclear what may have happened, and we are investigating further,” it said in a statement. “We would be deeply saddened by any potential loss of innocent life.”

The U.S. drone blew up a vehicle heading for Kabul airport that officials say was carrying several suicide bombers.

The attack came shortly after U.S. National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan said there was still “serious danger” in Kabul, where a suicide bomber last week killed at least 88 people. President Joe Biden honored U.S. service members who died in last week’s attack, attending the return of their remains to a military base in the U.S.

© Copyright 2021 Bloomberg News. All rights reserved.


Headline
The U.S. Central Command said it's still assessing results of the strike following reports of civilian casualties.
drone, suicidebombers, civiliandeaths
149
2021-41-29
Sunday, 29 August 2021 08:41 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Download the NewsmaxTV App
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved