Why do business leaders resist change? It is easy to see intellectually how change is a vital component of a successful business, but so often strong companies crumble because of a resistance to major change.
So what is it that causes us to keep coming back to the same seat at the meeting, or stay in a work position completely dissatisfied when there might be a better option out there? It’s fear. Fear keeps us content for the time but fails to let us see into the future. What we need are tools to help us fight that fear which hinders our ability to adapt.
Dr. Gary Bradt is a writer and speaker who is passionate about helping leaders adapt to change faster and better. Through his books, speaking, and coaching, Gary has developed a set of tools to help your business adapt and survive.
What Gary wants is to get to the heart of our fear, name it, and then overcome it once and for all.
He is going to ask us to get a little uncomfortable, but it is all in the name of growth and progress.
- We stick to old habits simply because they have worked in the past.
- Our environment has a deep impact on our willingness to change.
- “My Seat” mentality exemplifies how quickly we get comfortable, and how it has become ingrained in our work habits.
- Safety, predictability, and control are your biggest obstacles to change.
- Dealing with Imposter Syndrome
- Generational differences in approaches to change.
- Gain your tools for change to give you a competitive edge.
- Go after the 80%--find out how!
- Email Gary for a free chapter of his recent book Change
Susan Solovic is a business expert, an entrepreneur and New York Times best-selling author.
© 2021 Newsmax Finance. All rights reserved.