Individuals who love unusual snacks always look out for the best new snack ideas, often finding weird snack ideas and snack recipes. These weird snacks and weird snack combinations may turn out to be the most popular regional snacks on the market, attracting many adventurous eaters. Some weird snack ideas around the world include:
- Mayfly Fries: This is a popular, weird snack. It’s a delicacy in the southern states of India, particularly Tamil Nadu. Villagers consider this weird snack medicinal, since the mayfly is considered to be a rich source of protein. In addition, this unusual snack is considered to be a good appetizer. The mayfly is cleaned and its wings are removed. It is then dried in the sun and mixed with a few other ingredients like sugar to sweeten.
- Roasted Baby Crabs: These snacks are unusual as not many people prefer to grab fresh baby crabs right from their hiding place and roast them alive. This weird snack idea is from Japan, where it is considered one of the best snacks.
- Eel Soda: The Unagi Nobori (surging eel) brand is an unusual drink that contains a weird combination of carbonated yellow liquid made out of eel extract and vitamins. This is also yet another Japanese recipe formulated by a Japanese tobacco company. The weird combination is offered with other Japanese foods as a delicacy.
- Meat-Flavored Ice-cream: Other weird flavors of ice cream include beef tongue, horse, and chicken wings. This weird snack food is simply delicious.
- Plutonium/Radium Energy Powder is the latest thing to emerge as a weird snack idea from candy recipe makers. This weird snack food is similar to Fun-Dip candy powders.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.