Programs that support veterans in their continued pursuit of education help define veteran-friendly colleges and universities. These schools may provide flexibility in scheduling for vets as they make their transition back home or offer financial assistance.
Veterans may also enjoy a friendly atmosphere at these colleges and universities. Special scholarships with matching funds from the Department of Veterans Affairs also make them appealing to vets.
They can choose to attend school on campus or select one of the many online education courses. Veteran-friendly schools also have job-seeker services for vets.
TIP: The Secret Water Cure for Arthritis Pain
Here are seven veteran-friendly colleges and universities:
1. Stanford University — The California school ranked at the top of the list for best colleges for veterans in 2017 by U.S. News. Colleges were ranked based on such criteria as certification for the GI Bill and programs that allow in-state tuition to out-of-state veterans.
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology — The Cambridge college was ranked second on the best colleges for veterans list in 2017. The veteran-friendly university has science and engineering programs along with education for architecture, management, humanities, and the social sciences.
3. Liberty University — Located in Lynchburg, Virginia, Liberty was ranked the number one veteran-friendly college by LendEDU, a marketplace for student loans. Veterans are helped by such student groups as Student Veterans Association and Students Behind Our Military.
ALERT: Until There's a Wall, There Is the US Border Patrol. Show Your Support With FREE Cap
4. George Washington University — Assistance through the Yellow Ribbon Program helps veterans at this university in Washington, D.C. The program offers scholarships to veterans that will be matched by the VA.
5. Colorado Technical — More than 4,000 veterans are pursuing degrees at Colorado Tech. The school offers a program that helps veterans finish a degree in 30-percent less time. It also has more than a hundred online degree programs.
7. Fort Hays State University — The Kansas institution offers online degree programs to benefit veterans, according to BestColleges.com. There are financial aid options for active-duty students and veteran success programs to help military students complete their education and choose career options.
8. Colorado State University Global Campus — The online college provides 10-percent tuition discounts for veterans, military dependents, and active-duty service members. Financial planning services are available.
IMPORTANT: Heart Surgeon's Secret to Healthy Blood Pressure
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.