Luxury vacations could be adventurous, entertaining, educational, or just plain fun. It just depends on what you want to enjoy while taking a vacation.
The wonderful thing about a luxury vacation is that you can find one near your home or check out the many possibilities available around the world. Whether you want to improve your golf game or you have a desire to learn about fine wine with beautiful scenery, you have plenty of enjoyable options.
There are unique opportunities for just about anyone. Here are seven types of luxury vacations to consider:
1. Safaris — Traveling to Kenya, South Africa, or other African destinations may seem expensive, but affordable vacations can be yours when you find great deals and do your research, according to Travel + Leisure. Traveling off-season, for example, can significantly cut costs at luxurious lodges while you enjoy the beauty of the land and environment.
Latest: What's Your Favorite Type of Vacation? Relaxing or Exploring?
2. Wine vacations — Beautiful vineyards and wonderful landscapes are enjoyed along with tours and tastings. Napa Valley in California features caverns and vineyards at its scenic location, U.S. News reports. Or head to France’s Loire Valley for fine wines, splendid river scenery, and unique vineyards.
3. Golf destinations — Golf vacations can be enjoyed coast to coast or in the beautiful Caribbean. The Dominican Republic boasts of the Casa de Campo resort with the popular Teeth of the Dog Course, Golf Advisor notes. Enjoy wonderful hotels while playing San Diego’s golf courses in California, such as Rams Hill, Maderas Golf Club, and Aviara Golf Club.
4. Cooking tours — Visit faraway places on a culinary getaway. You can choose from such destinations as Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Africa, Greece, and Southeast Asia. The International Kitchen offers accommodations along with cooking lessons while vacationers explore local culture.
Vote Now: Should the Government Be Doing More to Promote Tourism in America?
5. Spa vacations — Enjoy week-long retreats or just a day at the spa for a luxury vacation. There are great spa spots around the country and throughout the world, depending on where you want to go. Spas offer the latest facilities with massages and other treatments. Many hotels offer spa packages, according to Fodor’s Travel.
6. Tropical vacations — Kamalame Cay in the Bahamas is a private island that features a resort, fine dining, and the beauty of crystal-clear water, explains Coastal Living. Playa del Carmen in Mexico is near Cancun and boasts stunning beaches along with spacious villas at the Banyan Tree Mayakoba resort.
7. Adventure outings — For an adventurous luxury vacation, travelers look for a variety of activities. Camping, hiking, kayaking, and canoeing are just some of the fun events that can be enjoyed on Marco Island, Florida, according to Livestrong.com. You can visit tropical wetlands or enjoy fishing and beach activities at nearby Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve.
Tell Us: What Part of the World Do You Like to Visit?
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.