Tools and resources help military families connect with loved ones stationed abroad or away from home. Family members can also use tools for assistance from organizations that bring them closer together.
There is plenty of information to assist military families for support. Some families just want to connect with a deployed spouse or parent. Others might want to reach out to other families in similar situations to share and come up with ideas.
Children also need tools to understand the reasons behind their parents’ jobs away from home. Some resources help them to have fun while staying in contact with a parent.
Special: Loophole Can Qualify Seniors for $20,500 Check
These six tools can help military families connect for support:
1. Military Family Connect — The digital referral system connects service members, veterans, and their families using volunteers, donors, and organizations at the community level. The service provides fast and accurate resource information.
2. Operation We Are Here — This source has service and opportunity locators for military families and supporters. The operation site includes listings for every state for military and veteran resources.
3. Sesame Workshop — "Sesame Street" offers support for children and families when a parent is separated because of military service. Its “Talk, Listen, Connect” initiative helps kids understand deployment, injuries, and even death.
Tip: How to Retire Comfortably on $2,000
4. Military Kids Connect — Tools and games are part of this safe online space for children. The site includes forums for kids to share ideas, resources to help them understand military life, and videos of kids telling their stories.
5. Everyone Serves — The online handbook provides resources for families going through deployment and reintegration. They can find tools and information about organizations and communities for all service branches.
6. OurFamily Wizard — While parents and families might be separated in the military, this website allows for co-parenting at long distance. Those stationed abroad or at home can work together through an internet connection to interact with daily family activities.
Important: Gingrich and Reagan Video Goes Viral. See It Now
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.