The senior population is growing, and retirees nowadays are far more tech savvy than previous generations. With mounting access to the web, staying engaged with the world and its happenings could be as easy as listening to a popular podcast.
A Pew Research Center survey conducted last year showed that 67 percent of seniors in the U.S. use the internet, and 42 percent have smart phones.
Retirement can be tough at times, so taking advantage of technology can provide inspiration, distraction, and a means of staying atop current news.
Special: Loophole Can Qualify Seniors for $20,500 Check
Here we look at seven top podcasts aimed at retirees:
1. Senior Fitness Radio — Retirees wanting to keep fit can learn a lot from this podcast, which was started by a physical therapist and senior fitness coach who strives to help seniors get stronger and healthier through exercise.
2. Retirement Talk — While the website may not be as sleek as others, the Retirement Talk podcast offers invaluable advice to retirees ranging in topics from finances to health and lifestyle.
3. The Daily — The New York Times launched this daily news podcast, which rounds up world news. It is a great way to keep retirees informed on current affairs and global news.
Tip: How to Retire Comfortably on $2,000
4. Stuff You Missed in History Class — The editorial director of HowStuffWorks.com launched this podcast, which takes a closer look at undiscovered and misreported stories in history.
5. Living Authentically After 55 — The idea behind this podcast is that retirement is much like graduating from high school — it is a fresh start. Living Authentically After 55 offers podcasts to "help you discover or rediscover who you are" by addressing a vast range of topics.
6. Freakonomics Radio— What started out as a book branched into a top podcast that looks at basic economic principles and how they impact all aspects of life including pop culture, sports and retirement.
7. The Senior Caregiver Podcast — Sunrise Senior Living offers a series of podcasts for caregivers and family members who are caring for seniors. The show covers a broad range of topics that include tips on nutrition and practical advice for those caring for someone with Alzheimer's.
Important: Gingrich and Reagan Video Goes Viral. See It Now
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.