Travel deals are among the great pleasures offered through an AARP membership. People age 50 and over can join the senior organization to enhance their vacations and enjoy AARP-friendly hotels.
Finding a hotel with special AARP privileges is easy. You can either contact the organization, get information on its website, or find terrific AARP deals through travel sites that connect people to hotel destinations.
Seniors may also get a variety of other benefits, such as bonus points and hotel rewards programs, by using their AARP membership cards. Check with AARP or the hotel for updated information.
TIP: How to Retire Comfortably on $2,000
These eight AARP-friendly hotels make members’ stays a lot more enjoyable:
1. Wyndham — AARP members can get up to 20 percent off the best rates available at participating locations. It’s easy for seniors to receive discounts by calling and using a discount number at the Wyndham site.
2. Sheraton Hotels & Resorts — Save from 5 to 15 percent at Sheraton, which has more than 435 hotels and 88 resorts in more than 70 countries.
3. Aloft Hotels — The modern hotels are popping up all over the country and the world. AARP members also save from 5 to 15 percent at these destinations.
4. La Quinta Inns & Suites — Along with up to a 10-percent savings, members also receive a free breakfast while choosing hotels at more than 870 locations, including Walt Disney World and Las Vegas. They offer free stays for children 18 and under in their parents’ or grandparents’ rooms.
ALERT: 'Real and Present Danger' – Get the Emergency Radio Now!
5. Comfort Inn — Members staying at Comfort Inn also receive up to 10 percent off. Features include complimentary breakfast, high-speed internet, complimentary newspapers, and rewards programs.
6. Best Western International — Locations in the U.S., Canada, and the Caribbean offer 10 percent or more savings to AARP members. Members also earn 10-percent bonus points when joining the Best Western Rewards program, according to HotelPlanner.
7. Hilton Hotels & Resorts — AARP members receive up to 10 percent off the best available rate along with breakfast for families. Families of members may get 5 percent off the stay.
8. Starwood Hotels & Resorts — The hotels and resorts offer between 5 and 15 percent off the best available rates for AARP members.
IMPORTANT: Heart Surgeon's Secret to Healthy Blood Pressure
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.