Brain training and improving your memory involves repetition, mindfulness, and attention, and requires practicing these skills often. Smartphone apps are well-designed to help you accomplish these things.
Here are a few apps that help to train your brain and memory. Download some today.
1. Lumosity contains games that address memory, attention, problem solving, and flexible thinking. Games are timed and are different each time. Performance can be tracked and compared with other users. The app is free for limited use but can be upgraded for $15 a month or $80 a year.
Doctor: Boost Your Brain Power with This One Particular Berry
2. Brain Fitness Pro is a series of memory exercises that claim to increase focus and improve memory. Developers claim long term cognitive improvement from the intensive memory training involved in this iOS app that costs $4.
3. Eidetic is a free iOS and Android app that teaches a technique called spaced repetition to help you memorize phone numbers, facts, or words. Notifications will remind you to test yourself and tests are spaced out over time to make sure your long-term memory is engaged.
Alert: Health Cures Your Doctor Never Mentions
4. Elevate trains the brain in listening, memory, and comprehension. Users can get a variety of daily exercises for free or upgrade to the expanded premium version for Android and iOS.
5. Peak offers brain exercises along with performance metrics to measure improvement over time. Free and premium subscriptions are available for Android and iOS.
6. NeuroNation offers initial testing to determine aptitudes and goals before completing the exercises, which include memory and other functions. The app is free for Android and iOS with in-app purchases for expanded content.
7. Fit Brains Trainer is made by Rosetta Stone and includes more than 360 games and training sessions that help memory and concentration as well as other mental processes. Your previous scores determine your difficulty level so you stay challenged. It is offered on Android and iOS with free and premium subscriptions.
Special: The Hidden Truth About Your Prescription Drugs
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.