Hollywood has its defenders of the right to bear arms, even if it seems gun control activists dominate Tinseltown.
Here are 12 quotes from Hollywood stars who reject gun control arguments:
1. “I want violent crimes curbed as much as anyone, but not at the expense of our Second Amendment rights — which are there to protect us,” action star Chuck Norris wrote
in a column.
ALERT: Should Obama Have More Control Over Guns? Vote Now
2. “It’s a Second Amendment right and bad guys aren’t going to turn their weapons in, so good people need to be able to protect themselves,” actor Gary Sinise told Larry King
3. “I think that you can't start to pick apart anything out of the Bill of Rights without thinking that it's all going to become undone,” said “Die Hard” star Bruce Willis
. '”If you take one out or change one law, then why wouldn't they take all your rights away from you?”
4. “I believe in the right to defend yourself if need be,” actor Vince Vaughn said
on gun ownership.
5. “It ain’t gun control we need, it’s sin control,” “Duck Dynasty” star Si Robertson said
6. “I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it,” Clint Eastwood pointed out.
VOTE NOW: Do You Support a Ban on All Fully Automatic Rifles?
7. “The right to bear arms is because that’s the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt,” said rapper and actor Ice-T
8. “I’m a good shot and I love guns — I own several,” said actress and model Amber Heard.
“I don’t have children in the house, so I sleep with my gun in a place that’s close enough that if I needed to protect myself, I could.”
9. “There’s a rite of passage where I grew up of inheriting your ancestors’ weapons,” said Brad Pitt
. “My brother got my dad’s. I got my grandfather’s shotgun when I was in kindergarten.”
10. Pitt’s wife, Angelina Jolie, noted
: “Brad and I are not against having a gun in the house, and we do have one. And yes, I’d be able to use it if I had to … If anybody comes into my home and tries to hurt my kids, I’ve no problem shooting them.”
11. “The world is filled with violence,” explained renowned actor James Earl Jones. “Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
URGENT: Do You Support Obama's Plans for Stricter Gun Control? Vote Now
12. “There can be no free speech, no freedom of the press, no freedom to protest, no freedom to worship your god, no freedom to speak your mind, no freedom from fear, no freedom for your children and for theirs, for anybody, anywhere, without the Second Amendment freedom to fight for it.” — the late movie legend Charlton Heston as president of the NRA.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.