Francis Chan is from San Francisco, California, and with his wife, Lisa, they formed Cornerstone in 1994, a church community in Simi Valley, California. He resigned as pastor in 2010 and returned to San Francisco. He now runs a website, writes books and gives public sermons on the importance of faith. Here is a look at some of Chan's memorable quotes on faith from his book Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God.
SPECIAL: Prayer Changes Your Brain in 4 Amazing Ways
1. "True faith means holding nothing back. It means putting every hope in God's fidelity to His Promises."
2. "True faith manifests itself through our actions."
3. "What are you doing right now that requires faith?"
4. "Having faith often means doing what others see as crazy. Something is wrong when our lives make sense to unbelievers."
5. "Lukewarm people do not live by faith; their lives are structured so they never have to. They don't have to trust God if something unexpected happens – they have their savings account."
ALERT: When Do You Think Christ Is Returning? Vote Now
6. "Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs."
7. Writing in an article on the Desiring God website
, Chan brings attention to those suffering for their faith. "Right now, we have many brothers and sisters being tortured overseas because of their faith. Let's pray for them and be encouraged by their example to enter the fight."
8. In an interview with Christianity Today,
Chan speaks about having many helpers with one's faith. "For a person to be truly discipled and growing in their faith, they need more than one person disciplining them."
9. Chan speaks about the need to share his faith in the same Christianity Today interview. "I'm still a coward when it comes to sharing my faith. I've gotten better, but as far as character, that would be the one thing that stands out to me."
SPECIAL: Can Prayer Heal You? Dr. Crandall Discovered the Truth
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.