You have obtained your concealed carry license or permit and now the question is: How do you carry your handgun?
There are many holster options available depending on your body type, dress sense, and lifestyle but, at the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference and comfort.
Here we look at six different concealed carry holsters that allow you to wear your handgun comfortably while ensuring it is adequately concealed at all times:
1. Inside-the-waistband— This option is one of the most common ways to carry your handgun because it conceals the gun and keeps it close to your body, USA Carry notes. The holster is clipped to your belt and holds the gun behind your back, firing side of your hip, or support side for a cross draw.
FREE Offer: Tell Flag-Burners and National Anthem Protesters How You Really Feel
2. In a shoulder (underarm) holster — Wearing a shoulder holster is a good option if you do not want to carry your handgun on your waist and this method allows you to easily conceal your gun with a jacket or pullover, according to USA Carry. Many shoulder holsters come with adjustable straps so that you can wear it comfortably according to your body type.
3. Ankle holster — Carrying a gun in a holster around your ankle is an ideal backup plan as access is not direct and therefore slower. However, it is comfortable and easily concealed by pants, according to Idaho gun holster stocker Alien Gear Holster.
Prepare for Shooters & Looters, Terrorists & Tornadoes – Get the Emergency Radio Now!
4. Fanny pack — This option allows you to carry your concealed handgun without having to sacrifice style or comfort, as Wichita Falls based gun dealer GunCo Arms noted. An added benefit is that a fanny pack can protect your gun from the elements.
5. Pocket holster — Pocket carry is not ideal but, if you have to go this route, a pocket holster is essential to protect the trigger, Alien Gear Holsters said. The pocket holster clips inside your pocket and provides substantial concealment to your handgun.
6. Handbag or briefcase with secure holster — Certain circumstances require you to carry your handgun in a bag or briefcase. In these instances, it is important to ensure the handbag, planner, or briefcase has a designated holster built in to ensure that your gun is secure while traveling, USA Carry reported.
Special: Celebrate Your Flag and Your Freedom With John Wayne
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.