The National Rifle Association (NRA) is America’s oldest civil rights organization and works to protect the second amendment rights of U.S. citizens.
According to its website, the group has more than 5 million members, spread out over eight different membership levels.
Besides a legislative arm, which works to make sure legislation remains in favor of gun owners, the organization also runs civil training programs, self-defense programs and helps support and cultivate the next generation of Second Amendment supporters.
FREE Offer: Tell Flag-Burners and National Anthem Protesters How You Really Feel
While your membership helps ensure your right to bear arms, it also comes with a host of other benefits to help make your life easier. Here’s a list of eight of the best benefits you can look forward to when joining:
1. Lots of insurance options — NRA members are eligible for reduced prices on a host of different insurance products, starting most obviously with the ArmsCare Plus Firearms Insurance.
For as little as $70 a year, members can get up to $6,500 replacement value coverage for firearms and accessories, with options available for more valuable firearms. The plan is meant to fill the gaps where regular home insurance falls short, and it protects firearms against loss, damage, flood, fire, and theft.
The NRA also offers life, health, and accident insurance, auto insurance, and a range of other firearm-related insurance options.
If you aren’t a member yet, you can add your membership to your insurance application for a price that includes NRA membership.
2. Identity theft protection — Through a partnership with LifeLock, NRA members get discounts on protection packages, which assess the risk of identity theft, monitor credit activity, and alert members of suspicious activity.
Moreover, the plans offer reimbursement of stolen funds and personal expenses, as well as legal cover.
3. Easy, affordable personal loans — Together with the First National Bank of Omaha, the NRA offers 45-day, interest-free personal loans.
These loans come with low fixed rates, no processing fees, no prepayment penalties, and no annual fees. The program is intended to help NRA members consolidate their debt. Members can choose their repayment period (up to 72 months) and there’s no need to put up collateral.
4. The NRA Wine Club — Wine enthusiasts — or those who’d like to become enthusiasts — can try new wines and learn about viticulture with the NRA Wine Club run by the American Cellars Wine Club.
NRA members can look forward to two bottles of wine each month. Each wine is hand selected by a team of experts to showcase hidden gems and boutique wineries. Members also get access to wine insights and information so they can learn more about the wines they taste. From time to time, the club offers sign-up promotions, offering new members special wine-related gifts.
Prepare for Shooters & Looters, Terrorists & Tornadoes – Get the Emergency Radio Now!
5. NRA magazines — The NRA publishes five different magazines, and membership fees include a monthly subscription to one of their titles.
Members can choose between American Rifleman, American Hunter, America’s 1st Freedom, Shooting Illustrated, or Shooting Sports USA.
Although each title is different, all publications make sure that NRA members stay up to date with new products and political events. They also include interesting features on all things firearms-related.
6. Vacation savings — Like many membership programs, the NRA has partnered with businesses across the country to provide members with huge savings. Among these businesses are hotels and vacation rentals.
The Wyndham Hotel Group, for example, offers NRA members a 20-percent discount on standard rates, while Tripbeat offers 25-percent discounts worldwide.
Hertz, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Alamo, and National all offer NRA members discounts on car rentals.
A full list of businesses offering NRA discounts is available on the NRA website.
7. Discounts on vehicle purchases — In another beneficial partnership, the NRA has joined forces with TrueCar to offer members discounts on new and used vehicles with its Car Buying Service.
Members reportedly save an average of $3,106 on manufacturer's suggested retail price when using the Car Buying Service where they can easily search vehicle listings across a network of accredited dealerships.
The service also offers free price reports, giving members in-depth information to help them make smarter purchasing decisions.
8. Free access to firearms-related events — According to NRA Family, your membership fee gives you a free ticket to NRA events.
These include the NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits and the Great American Outdoor Show.
Both events feature interesting exhibitions, activities, seminars, and concerts.
Special: Celebrate Your Flag and Your Freedom With John Wayne
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.