If Never-Trump Republicans succeed on Election Day, Donald J. Trump would return to real estate, his political dreams shattered. Hence, the bigger headline on Wednesday, November 9, would read: “Hillary Clinton Elected 45th President.”
A President Hillary Clinton would be Obama with a work ethic. Rather than slack off on putting greens, she will dedicate her impressive work ethic to turbocharge Obama’s policies, America be damned.
Thus, here is some of what to expect if Never Trump triumphs:
- Hillary Clinton would appoint at least one justice to the Supreme Court. If she only replaces the late Antonin Scalia with a liberal justice, the 5-4 center-right high court will go 5-4 center-left. Additional conservative departures would let Clinton shift the Court even further left, jeopardizing gun rights, non-union political speech, and more. Also, scores of Clinton’s judicial appointees would use their federal trial and appeals courtrooms to apply her statist legal philosophy for life.
- “We are going to start immediately on comprehensive immigration reform, including a path to citizenship,” Clinton recently promised. From illegal aliens to the lightly vetted Syrian refugees that America’s Angela Merkel would vacuum into the U.S., Clinton would convert these individuals as swiftly as possible into freshly minted Democratic voters.
- To that end, Clinton’s Justice Department would double-down on Obama’s War on Voter ID and other ballot-integrity measures.
- Clinton ignored the candidate questionnaire from the 335,000-member National Fraternal Order of Police. “I was disappointed and shocked,” the cops’ union president, Chuck Canterbury, told The Hill. This exposes Clinton’s cold shoulder towards blue lives, even as 2016’s shooting deaths of police officers have climbed 61 percent through August 25, compared to 2015’s like period.
- “I want us to defend and build on the Affordable Care Act,” Clinton declared. Rather than a temporary aberration, Obamacare would become permanent — unless Clinton transforms it into full-blown, single-payer, socialized medicine.
- Clinton likely would continue Obama’s big yawn in response to the VA’s making veterans await doctors’ appointments until they literally drop dead. Expect as much from Clinton.
- Senator Clinton earned NARAL Pro-Choice America’s 100 percent rating. “She will repeal the Hyde amendment to ensure low-income women have access to safe reproductive health care,” Clinton’s website promises. Translation: The taxpayer subsidized killing of unborn Americans would roar on under Hillary Clinton.
- Clinton would accelerate class warfare. She wants a 4 percent “Fair Share Surcharge” on annual incomes above $5 million, continuation of the immoral Death Tax, and no change in America’s thoroughly uncompetitive 35 percent corporate tax. Indeed, she would close business loopholes without cutting the developed world’s highest commercial levy, thus swelling America’s corporate tax burden.
- Hillary would release the regulatory hounds. She would deploy the acronym autocrats at the EEOC, EPA, NLRB, OSHA, SEC, and hundreds of other agencies to hogtie American enterprise with more of the red tape that has limited today’s average annual GDP growth to a flaccid 1 percent. At the IRS, Clinton would let a thousand Lois Lerners bloom.
- Overseas, Clinton would keep leading from behind, failing to identify America’s chief enemy as “radical Islamic terrorism,” and pretending that militant Islam is just another lifestyle choice.
- Unless Obama padlocks it first, Clinton would keep emptying Guantanamo, never mind the recidivism of at least 30 percent of former detainees. (Obama last week sprang 15 hardened terrorists from Gitmo, essentially returning five of them to jihad.) They will kill more innocent people — perhaps including Americans.
- Under Hillary Clinton, Israel still would feel the back of America’s hand, just as Iran’s women-hating, gay-killing, terrorism-sponsoring ayatollahs enjoy $400 million in cash ransom payments, plus more than $100 billion in sanctions relief, under Obama’s nuclear deal.
None of the above would surprise the elected officials, campaign operatives, and pundits who lead Never Trump. So, when a President Hillary Clinton napalms every tenet of fiscal, social, and strategic conservatism, the Never Trumpniks should have the decency to maintain a level of silence that would make a Trappist monastery sound like Times Square at rush hour.
Deroy Murdock is a Manhattan-based Fox News contributor and a contributing editor with National Review Online. He is also a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution, and Peace at Stanford University. Read more reports from Deroy Murdock — Click Here Now.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.