Am I fantasizing even to hope that Hillary Clinton will finally be held accountable for her lies and corruption — to say nothing of her actions in her role as bimbo-slayer for her libidinous husband?
Perhaps so, but to borrow an underused cliche, hope springs eternal.
Hillary has operated above the law for so many years that her disinclination toward humility has ripened into unbounded hubris, which was particularly on display in her comments about the recently released House Select Committee on Benghazi report on the tragedy in Libya.
Clinton said the committee found nothing new and it is time to move on. Among her many liberal apologists, the panelists on "The View" united in outrage over the Republicans spending $7 million and "finding nothing new" against Clinton.
Joy Behar, after proclaiming that The New York Times "is the paper of record in this country, no matter what they tell you," indignantly noted that the cover of that paper reported, "Benghazi Panel Finds No Misdeeds by Clinton." She said, "So, I mean, that should be the last word."
Oh? To quote The Church Lady, "Isn't that special?"
I remember this painful song and dance well from the 1990s. Each time the Clintons were rightly accused of wrongdoing, they denied and attacked and slandered their accusers and then delayed long enough to claim that enough time had passed that we should just move on.
For those who care anything about the rule of law, it was a frustrating period.
Over the years, the unglamorous power couple has become even more deceitful, brazen and defiant. Everyone, including Democrats, knows how corrupt the Clintons are, but they just continue to transgress with impunity.
Hillary even had a phony smile on her face when she lied that the committee had found no misconduct on her part and demanded that it move on.
Let me just share a few highlights from the report that shed light on the Obama administration's and Clinton's overt malfeasance during the Benghazi attacks and in covering up their sins.
Forgive me for going directly to the report rather than to The New York Times for my information to demonstrate that Rep. Mike Pompeo is correct that the administration, including Clinton, put politics "ahead of the lives of Americans, and while the administration had made excuses and blamed the challenges posed by time and distance, the truth is that they did not try."
- Though the administration was aware at the time of the terrorist attacks, no military assets were deployed to Benghazi when the last two Americans were killed, almost eight hours after the attacks began. Members of a fleet anti-terrorism security team sat idly on a plane in Rota, Spain, for three hours during this ordeal, changing in and out of their uniforms four times.
- When Ambassador Christopher Stevens was missing, the White House convened a two-hour meeting and agreed on 10 action items, five of which focused on a YouTube video that the administration, with malice aforethought, intentionally used as a scapegoat to cover the abject failure of its policies. In fact, the State Department had access to eyewitness accounts to the attacks in real time, and there were no discussions about any video.
- The Bureau of Diplomatic Security's command center was in direct contact with its agents on the ground in Benghazi and sent out many updates, including a "Terrorism Event Notification." Diplomatic Security well knew that it was terrorism and that there was no mention of the video from the agents on the ground.
- President Obama skipped his intelligence briefing the day after the attacks.
- Also, the morning after the attacks, the National Security Council's spokeswoman emailed some two dozen people from the White House, Department of Defense, State Department and intelligence community directing that they all refer to the released statements of President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton "to ensure" they were "all in sync on messaging for the rest of the day."
- Minutes before Obama's Rose Garden speech on the attacks, Clinton aide Jake Sullivan emailed deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes and others and informed them: "There was not really much violence in Egypt. And we are not saying that the violence in Libya erupted over inflammatory videos."
- Surely knowing it was untrue, Rhodes and Obama adviser David Plouffe prepped then-U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice to say on her five Sunday talk show appearances that the attacks had spontaneously occurred and then evolved as a result, in part, of this anti-Islam YouTube video.
- After Rice's command performance, Sullivan reassured Clinton that Rice had made clear the "view that this started spontaneously and then evolved." From Clinton's retrieved emails, we know that she knew otherwise.
- The State Department was in shock and disbelief over Rice's statements. One officer said, "I think Rice was off the reservation on this one." Another said, "Off the reservation on five networks!" Yet another said, "(White House) very worried about the politics. This was all their doing."
- A headline on the CIA's intelligence assessment two days after the attacks stated, "Extremists Capitalized on Benghazi Protests," but the text said it was Cairo, not Benghazi. This obviously deliberate deception helped the administration falsely message the attacks.
It is indisputable that the administration, including Obama and Clinton, knew, at the very time these events were unfolding, that this was terrorism and concocted — and then disseminated — the outrageous lie that the attacks were spontaneous and based on a video.
Members of the administration coordinated a scheme to deceive the American people and implemented it. Their motives were to cover up their gross negligence in failing to protect American lives and to preserve their bogus narrative that the administration had adequately contained the terrorist threat — in view of the upcoming election.
Adding insult to injury, they lied to the parents of the men who died in the attacks.
So no, Mrs. Clinton, it is not time to move on from your callous and cavalier behavior. It is time you were indicted for your email felonies, and it is time for all Americans to understand just how abominable your actions were on Benghazi and to vote against you in November.
David Limbaugh is a writer, author, and attorney. His latest book is, "The Emmaus Code: Finding Jesus in the Old Testament." Read more reports from David Limbaugh — Click Here Now.