One would think that the Democrats learned one of the most important reasons why they lost the presidential election in 2016. They were on the wrong side of the issues that were important to the American voter. Despite that, in 2016 Donald Trump got only 8 percent of the black vote according to NBC News
According to a recent survey conducted by Rasmussen Reports, the president’s approval rating among African-Americans is now at 36 percent. While it may not be possible for this advantage to hold up to the 2020 elections, this fact alone could spell grave difficulty for the Democrats in the midterm elections.
How about we look at ten things important to the American people that the Democrats are refusing to address. As is in any top ten, the value of the item increases, the higher the number. One is low, and a number ten says the issue is critical. Keep in mind these are not my ideas, although I do agree with them. Instead, they are the results of a cross section of independent pollsters.
1. A new Rasmussen Report says 32 percent of American adults now say they are less likely to watch NFL games in the coming season if on-field player protests continue. Americans stand for the flag and the men and women who risk their lives to defend our freedoms.
2. In Rasmussen Reports, 67 percent of Americans disagree with New York Governor Andrew Cuomo’s statement, “We’re not going to make America great again. It was never that great.” Somehow, Democrats seem to forget the times America has stepped up and defended freedom. Arlington and other cemeteries are the final resting place of many of those, “who gave the last full measure.” Those freedom fighters are one of many reasons why America is still great.
3. Americans are overwhelmingly proud of our nation and its past. Rasmussen Reports says that 85 percent of Americans are proud to be Americans.
4. Voters still see America as a special place, as reported by Rasmussen in a poll that said 69 percent of voters think, “The United States is more exceptional than other nations.”
5. In a Gallup poll, 55 percent of voters think America’s best days are ahead of us. Do you remember when President Obama told us those jobs are never coming back?
6. Voters Don’t like Antifa: “They are just looking for trouble.” America is concerned about protesters that wear masks at their protests and destroy property, according to top Rasmussen Reports.
7. In another survey, 28 percent of all voters responding think the Democratic Party should officially declare itself as a socialist party. Rasmussen Reports says that 51 percent of Democrats have a favorable impression of socialism. Areo says 100 million people have died under socialism and communism in the last 100 years.
8. Made in America is not a slogan to many, it is a way of life. Rasmussen Reports says that 61 percent of Americans agree with the president. Almost 3 to 1, Americans believe in America.
9. Only 37 percent of Americans think the Mueller probe is good for America, as reports Rasmussen. Americans have yet to see anything from the Special Counsel that supports the claim that President Trump colluded with the Russians to influence the outcome of the 2016 election.
10. Polling data from ISidewith.com shows that 71 percent of voters believe the U.S. should increase restrictions on its border security policy.
Take a few moments and go over these issues and see where you come down. Do you agree or disagree? Look on the web and see if you can find the position of the Democrats on these issues; also, you can look at the comments and deduce what the Democrats believe. Take for example the feedback on the Democratic Governor of New York when he said, "America was never great.” 20 percent of Democrats agreed with the governor. Do you?
The contrast between the parties is significant, as is the difference in the direction of each party. The Democrats want to take back the Trump tax bill and give the crumbs to the government and then increase taxes for more federal spending. Some of the differences on these issues are obvious. Some Democrats want open borders, the elimination of both ICE and Homeland Security. The Antifa protesters a few weeks ago said at a protest in Washington D.C., “No Walls, No Borders, No USA.” I have looked and I can’t seem to find any Democrats who disagree with what they said. If you can find one, add it to the comment section.
America needs your vote regardless of your persuasion, so vote. Your country depends on it.
Dan Perkins is an author of both thrillers and children’s books. He appears on over 1,100 radio stations. Mr. Perkins appears regularly on international TV talk shows, he is current events commentator for seven blogs, and a philanthropist with his foundation for American veterans, Songs and Stories for Soldiers, Inc. More information about him, his writings, and other works are available on his website, DanPerkins.guru. To read more of his reports — Click Here Now.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.