1. The Anthropocene Reviewed (Signed Edition): Essays on a Human-Centered Planet by John Green, Dutton
"John Green’s gift for storytelling shines throughout this masterful collection. The Anthropocene Reviewed is a open-hearted exploration of the paths we forge and an unironic celebration of falling in love with the world."
2. What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing by Oprah Winfrey and Dr. Bruce Perry, Flat Iron Books: An Oprah Book
"Our earliest experiences shape our lives far down the road, and What Happened to You? provides powerful scientific and emotional insights into the behavioral patterns so many of us struggle to understand."
3. The Hill We Climb: An Inaugural Poem For the Country by Amanda Gorman and Oprah Winfrey, Viking
"On January 20, 2021, Amanda Gorman became the sixth and youngest poet to deliver a poetry reading at a presidential inauguration. Her poem 'The Hill We Climb: An Inaugural Poem for the Country' can now be cherished in this special gift edition. Including an enduring foreword by Oprah Winfrey, this keepsake celebrates the promise of America and affirms the power of poetry."
4. The Premonition: A Pandemic Story by Michael Lewis
"For those who could read between the lines, the censored news out of China was terrifying. But the president insisted there was nothing to worry about.
Fortunately, we are still a nation of skeptics. Fortunately, there are those among us who study pandemics and are willing to look unflinchingly at worst-case scenarios. Michael Lewis’s taut and brilliant nonfiction thriller pits a band of medical visionaries against the wall of ignorance that was the official response of the Trump administration to the outbreak of COVID-19."
5. Yearbook by Seth Rogen, Crown
"A collection of funny personal essays from one of the writers of Superbad and Pineapple Express and one of the producers of The Disaster Artist, Neighbors, and The Boys."
6. Noise: A Flaw in Human Judgement by Daniel Kahneman, Olivier Sibony, and Cass R. Sunstein, Little Brown Spark
"In Noise, Daniel Kahneman, Olivier Sibony, and Cass R. Sunstein show the detrimental effects of noise in many fields, including medicine, law, economic forecasting, forensic science, bail, child protection, strategy, performance reviews, and personnel selection. Wherever there is judgment, there is noise. Yet, most of the time, individuals and organizations alike are unaware of it. They neglect noise. With a few simple remedies, people can reduce both noise and bias, and so make far better decisions."
7. Untamed by Glennon Doyle, The Printing Press
"In her most revealing and powerful memoir yet, the activist, speaker, bestselling author, and 'patron saint of female empowerment' (People) explores the joy and peace we discover when we stop striving to meet others’ expectations and start trusting the voice deep within us."
8. Caste (Oprah's Book Club): The Origins of Our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson, Random House
"In this brilliant book, Isabel Wilkerson gives us a masterful portrait of an unseen phenomenon in America as she explores, through an immersive, deeply researched narrative and stories about real people, how America today and throughout its history has been shaped by a hidden caste system, a rigid hierarchy of human rankings."
9. Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. by Brené Brown, Random House
"Brené Brown has taught us what it means to dare greatly, rise strong, and brave the wilderness. Now, based on new research conducted with leaders, change makers, and culture shifters, she’s showing us how to put those ideas into practice so we can step up and lead."
10. A Radical Awakening: Turn Pain into Power, Embrace Your Truth, Live Free by Dr. Shefali Tsabury, Harperone
"A Radical Awakening lays out a path for women to discover their inner truth and powers to help heal others and the planet. Dr. Shefali helps women uncover the purpose that already exists within them and harness the power of authenticity in every area of their lives."
Newsmax Liberal Bestsellers is based on the most recent NPD Bookscan sales data.
Read Newsmax Rising Bestsellers Here.
Read Newsmax Conservative Bestsellers Here.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.