1. What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing by Oprah Winfrey and Dr. Bruce Perry, Flat Iron Books: An Oprah Book
"Our earliest experiences shape our lives far down the road, and What Happened to You? provides powerful scientific and emotional insights into the behavioral patterns so many of us struggle to understand."
2. The Hill We Climb: An Inaugural Poem For the Country by Amanda Gorman and Oprah Winfrey, Viking
"On January 20, 2021, Amanda Gorman became the sixth and youngest poet to deliver a poetry reading at a presidential inauguration. Her poem 'The Hill We Climb: An Inaugural Poem for the Country' can now be cherished in this special gift edition. Including an enduring foreword by Oprah Winfrey, this keepsake celebrates the promise of America and affirms the power of poetry."
3. You Are Your Best Thing: Vulnerability, Shame Resilience, and the Black Experience by Tarana Burke, Random House
"Tarana Burke and Dr. Brené Brown bring together a dynamic group of Black writers, organizers, artists, academics, and cultural figures to discuss the topics the two have dedicated their lives to understanding and teaching: vulnerability and shame resilience."
4. How Y'all Doing?: Misadventures and Mischief from a Life Well Lived by Leslie Jordan, William Morrow & Company
"Viral sensation and Emmy Award-winner Leslie Jordan regales fans with entertaining stories about the odd, funny, and unforgettable events in his life in this unmissable essay collection that echoes his droll, irreverent voice."
5. Untamed by Glennon Doyle, The Printing Press
"In her most revealing and powerful memoir yet, the activist, speaker, bestselling author, and 'patron saint of female empowerment' (People) explores the joy and peace we discover when we stop striving to meet others’ expectations and start trusting the voice deep within us."
6. Caste (Oprah's Book Club): The Origins of Our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson, Random House
"In this brilliant book, Isabel Wilkerson gives us a masterful portrait of an unseen phenomenon in America as she explores, through an immersive, deeply researched narrative and stories about real people, how America today and throughout its history has been shaped by a hidden caste system, a rigid hierarchy of human rankings."
7. The Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna, Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human Race by Walter Isaacson, Simon & Schuster
"The best-selling author of Leonardo da Vinci and Steve Jobs returns with a gripping account of how Nobel Prize winner Jennifer Doudna and her colleagues launched a revolution that will allow us to cure diseases, fend off viruses, and have healthier babies."
8. Antitrust: Taking on Monopoly Power from the Gilded Age to the Digital Age by Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Knopf Publishing Group
"Antitrust enforcement is one of the most pressing issues facing America today—and Amy Klobuchar, the widely respected senior senator from Minnesota, is leading the charge. This fascinating history of the antitrust movement shows us what led to the present moment and offers achievable solutions to prevent monopolies, promote business competition, and encourage innovation."
9. Man Enough: Undefining My Masculinity by Justin Baldoni, Harper One
"The effects of traditionally defined masculinity have become one of the most prevalent social issues of our time. In this engaging and provocative new book, beloved actor, director, and social activist Justin Baldoni reflects on his own struggles with masculinity. With insight and honesty, he explores a range of difficult, sometimes uncomfortable topics including strength and vulnerability, relationships and marriage, body image, sex and sexuality, racial justice, gender equality, and fatherhood."
10. Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. by Brené Brown, Random House
"Brené Brown has taught us what it means to dare greatly, rise strong, and brave the wilderness. Now, based on new research conducted with leaders, change makers, and culture shifters, she’s showing us how to put those ideas into practice so we can step up and lead."
Newsmax Liberal Bestsellers is based on the most recent NPD Bookscan sales data.
Read Newsmax Rising Bestsellers Here.
Read Newsmax Conservative Bestsellers Here.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.