Remember Seinfeld? It was one of the most successful TV series in the history of American television. The show revolved around Jerry Seinfeld and his buddy George Costanza.
George was the ultimate loser. Everything he did was a colossal failure.
One day that all changed. George was hired by George Steinbrenner and the world champion New York Yankees. He had hit the lottery — important job, big money, and beautiful women. Seinfeld was in shock. “George how did you do it?”
“Simple,” George said. “One day I woke up and realized I was the world’s most pathetic loser. So I decided to do the opposite of everything I’ve ever done. Every thought, opinion, decision — I now do the opposite. And suddenly, I’m a winner!”
As one of America’s strongest critics of President Obama, I am constantly asked “What would you do differently if you were president?”
The answer is simple: EVERYTHING! It’s the Seinfeld solution.
Obama is George Costanza. Every decision he makes poisons America. Obama is killing the American dream. To save America, we have to do the opposite of everything Obama is doing.
Obama’s agenda of big government, big spending, big unions, and big debt are driving the American economy to never-before-imagined levels of economic disaster, debt, unemployment, and small business failure.
The answer to how we save America and turn around this economy is simple: Do the exact opposite of everything Obama has done. Let’s go down the list:
- Obama has spent almost one trillion dollars on a failed stimulus package and trillions more on bailouts. Now he wants more. We should ban stimulus, bailouts, and earmarks. They are nothing more than pork barrel spending to buy votes and reward the political class’s cronies.
- Obama is imposing on everyone the biggest income tax increase in history. And in a Chicago-style mafia shakedown he is placing most of the tax burden on small business owners. We should do the opposite. Taxpayers and small business owners are the heroes of our economy — they create most of the jobs and taxes. We should reward the taxpayers and job creators with a one-year income tax vacation. The cost would be about the same as Obama’s failed stimulus fiasco and would turn this economic Armageddon into one of the great economic booms in world history.
- Obama has named czars to oversee every aspect of American’s personal and business lives. We should fire them all and ban the word “czar” forever.
- Obama has dramatically increased the size, scope, power, and spending of government, including with his health care and so-called financial reform bills. We should repeal them both and do the opposite — dramatically decrease the size of government and put more money and power in the hands of the citizens. We should cut overpaid government employees by the millions, stop all raises, and cut their obscene salaries and pensions that are bankrupting America.
- Obama doesn’t believe in states’ rights, ordering the U.S. government to sue the state of Arizona. We should kill the lawsuit, secure the borders, enforce immigration law, and respect states' rights — as the Constitution demands.
- Obama is spending billions on our failing public education system solely to reward his teachers’ union campaign contributors. We should eliminate the Department of Education and transition government out of this area. In the interim we should move education funding to the state and local level, and encourage vouchers to give parents the freedom to pursue alternatives such as home-schooling, private, charter, and religious schools. We should abolish public employee unions and restore to administrators the ability to hire, fire and grant raises based on performance.
- Obama supports the Federal Reserve and asks them to print ever-more money, devaluing our currency and stealing every American’s savings. We should audit the Fed, and make it transparent and accountable to the people — with an eye to eliminating it as soon as possible.
- Obama responded to the Gulf oil disaster with an oil-drilling moratorium costing 100,000 jobs. Obama’s tragic solution destroys the Gulf economy and makes America more dependent on foreign oil. We should do the opposite, by encouraging more offshore drilling — and allow it closer to shore, where disasters can be more easily prevented.
- Obama is adding 18,000 new IRS agents and demanding more tax filings for small business owners. We should aim to eliminate the IRS and streamline bureaucracy for small business.
- Obama has treated friends such as Israel harshly, while treating evil rulers that support terrorism (Iran, North Korea, Syria, Cuba, Venezuela) with kid gloves, even bowing down to some. We should do the opposite — treat friends with respect, and not give enemies the time of day. We should also do what should have been done decades ago: Eliminate foreign aid to despots and adversaries of America across the globe.
- Obama is expanding the war in Afghanistan. We should do the opposite. This is a no-win war. The original purpose and goals have been long since forgotten. Bring our brave troops home.
- Finally, Obama has continually violated the Constitution, highlighted by his hate for guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens. We should respect and follow the Constitution — the greatest document ever created.
Yes, Obama is our very own George Costanza. Except that Obama is a Marxist, and he’s not lovable. Obama is leading America towards tragedy, insolvency and bankruptcy.
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.