The world's 10 worst airports were revealed last week, and, not surprisingly, New York's very own LaGuardia International Airport had the dishonor of being the only American airport to make the cut.
"This worn out airport repeatedly makes it to the top of least favorite North American airports because of its security lines, drab décor, poor restaurant selection, lackluster cleanliness, counterintuitive layout, and the notoriously unhelpful staff," wrote SleepingInAirports.net
, a veteran travel site based in Canada. It ranked LGA as the tenth worst airport overall.
"This year, LGA’s reputation took one of its biggest hits to date with a slam from Vice-President Joe Biden himself who likened the facility to a 'third world country.'"
Taking the top spot for worst airport was Pakistan, whose Islamabad airport is named for the country's late Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, the first woman leader of a Muslim country.
Unfortunately for Bhutto's namesake, the airport is frequently "Likened to a central prison," for its lack of crowd control, as well as criticized often for its "pervasive corruption, the aggressive-yet-inconsistent security checks, and the overall lack of cleanliness and technology."
Thankfully, ISB is being replaced by a new airport set to open in mid-2016.
Among European countries, Germany surprisingly made the list not once but twice, which is strange considering its impeccably clean subway system. Paris' Beauvais-Tille and Italy's Bergamo Orio al Serio also received the unwanted recognition of ranking sixth and eighth, respectively.
Below is the full list of the worst airports the world over.
World’s worst airports 2014:
1. Islamabad Benazir Bhutto International Airport, Pakistan
2. Jeddah King Abdulaziz International Airport, Saudi Araba
3. Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport, Nepal
4. Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Philippines
5. Tashkent International Airport, Uzbekistan
6. Paris Beauvais-Tille International Airport, France
7. Frankfurt Hahn International Airport, Germany
8. Bergamo Orio al Serio International Airport, Italy
9. Berlin Tegel International Airport, Germany
10. New York City LaGuardia International Airport, USA
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.