Where was Barack Obama born?
It’s a fair question.
But we still don’t know the answer because Obama won’t tell us, because he remains the most mysterious man ever to sit in the Oval Office.
This week I appeared on Bill O’Reilly’s No. 1 rated “The O’Reilly Factor” to discuss the controversy over Obama’s birth certificate, along with syndicated radio host Mike Gallagher. [See the video of my appearance — Click Here Now.]
Let me make clear that I believe Obama was born somewhere in the state of Hawaii. Days after his birth, a small legal notice was printed in the local newspaper announcing his birth.
And the head of Hawaii's Health Department has stated that he reviewed pertinent documents and that Obama was indeed born in that state.
So, those who believe Obama was born outside the United States, such as in Kenya, are simply out to lunch.
But the real story here is about Obama’s failure to release his birth certificate.
As the state of Hawaii has made clear, the actual birth certificate has never been released.
Obama has released another document, the certification of live birth. This document does not provide basic information, such as the place of Obama’s birth or the doctor who conducted the procedure.
My brother Dan, a presidential historian who has a book coming out next year on Theodore Roosevelt, pointed out to me how rare Obama is among presidents.
He says we have no idea of his birthplace.
Dan notes that, of our unbroken line of 43 men who have served as president, only Zachary Taylor and Andrew Jackson, both born on the frontier, have disputed birth sites. All others have some commemoration for their place of birth — except Obama.
In Manhattan, you can stroll down to 28 E. 20th St., between Park Avenue South and Broadway, and visit the quaint brownstone that Theodore Roosevelt was born and raised in.
For Obama there is no plaque, nothing. (His family has given two different hospitals in Hawaii he was alleged to have been born in.)
We should know where our president was born. There is nothing conspiratorial in having an answer to that question.
President Obama is no longer a private citizen. He is part of a chain of history that stretches back to George Washington.
His birth site is just as relevant as those of the 42 men who came before him, and if these sites are not relevant, than why do we as a nation go out of our way to commemorate all of them?
When I asked Bill O’Reilly where in Honolulu Obama was born, he replied: “Chris, if I wanted to know I’d find out tomorrow . . .”
Good luck, Bill. The Obama White House is the most secretive ever.
Since Obama announced his candidacy, much of his life has been shrouded in secrecy.
He still has never released his college transcripts, his records as a state legislator in Illinois, his full medical records, even the names of donors who reportedly contributed hundreds of millions of dollars that helped make him president.
In the past, the disclosure of such documents has been de rigueur for presidential candidates.
When Sen. John McCain was questioned about his birth outside the United States in the Panama Canal Zone, he released his birth certificate quickly.
When McCain was questioned about his health, he released 1,500 pages of medical records.
When questions arose about donations to his campaign, McCain put his full donor file, even names he didn’t have to disclose, online for anyone to see.
So, let me be clear.
The issue over Obama’s birth certificate is not about President Obama’s citizenship.
It is about his honesty and his promise to be the most transparent president ever.
Releasing his birth certificate and other personal records that presidents have traditionally released to the public would go a long way toward bolstering those claims.
P.S. I am listing below all of our presidents and details of their places of birth.
1. George Washington — Address: George Washington Birthplace National Monument; Rural Route 1; Box 717; Washington's Birthplace, Va. 22443
2. John Adams — Address: 133 Franklin St.; Quincy, Mass. 02669
3.Thomas Jefferson — Address: U.S. 250; 3 miles east of Charlottesville, Va.
4. James Madison — Address: Monroe Hall; Virginia SR 205; Westmoreland County near Colonial Beach, Va. 22443
5.James Monroe — Address: Monroe Hall; Virginia SR 205; Westmoreland County near Colonial Beach, Va. 22443
6.John Quincy Adams — Address: 141 Franklin St.; Quincy, Mass. 02169
7.Andrew Jackson — Address: 14 miles south of Rock Hill on South Carolina State Route 5. The Park is on Route 1. Address:196 Andrew Jackson Park Road; Lancaster, S.C. 29720
8.Martin Van Buren — Address: 46 Hudson St.; Kinderhook, New York 12106
9.William Henry Harrison — Address: 12602 Harrison Landing Road; Charles City, Va. 23030
10. John Tyler — Address: John Tyler Memorial Highway; Charles City, Va. 23030
11. James Polk — Address: Box 475; Pineville, N.C. 28134
12. Zachary Taylor — Address: Highway 33; 5 miles west of Gordonsville, Va., and just over 20 miles from Charlottesville, Va.
13. Millard Fillmore — Address: Millard Fillmore Birthplace; Locke, N.Y. 13092
14. Franklin Pierce — Address: The Pierce Homestead; Routes 9 and 31; Hillsboro, N.H. 03244
15. James Buchanan — Address: Buchanan Historic Site; Mercersburg, Pa. 17236
16. Abraham Lincoln — Address: Sinking Spring Farm; 2995 Lincoln Farm Road; Hodgenville, Ky. 42748
17. Andrew Johnson — Address: Mordecai Historic Park; Wake Forest Road; Raleigh, N.C. 27601
18. Ulysses Grant — Address: Grant's Birthplace; Routes 52E and 322; Point Pleasant, Ohio 45143
19. Rutherford Hayes — Address: Rutherford B. Hayes Birthplace; East William Street; Delaware, Ohio 43015
20. James Garfield — Address: James A. Garfield Birthplace; 4350 S.O.M Center Road; Moreland Hills (now Chagrin Falls); Cuyahoga County, Ohio 44022
21. Chester Arthur — Address: Chester A. Arthur State Historic Site; Route 36; Fairfield, Vt. 05455
22. Grover Cleveland — Address: Grover Cleveland Birthplace State Historic Site; 207 Bloomfield Avenue; Caldwell, N.J. 07006
23. Benjamin Harrison — Address: Benjamin Harrison Birthplace; William Henry Harrison Home; Symmes and Washington Avenues; North Bend, Ohio 45052
24. Grover Cleveland — Address: Grover Cleveland Birthplace State Historic Site; 207 Bloomfield Avenue; Caldwell, N.J. 07006
25. William McKinley — Address: William McKinley Birthplace; 36 S. Main St.; Niles, Ohio 44446
26. Theodore Roosevelt — Address: Theodore Roosevelt Birthplace National Historic Site; 28 East 20th St.; New York, N.Y. 10003
27. William Taft — Address: 2038 Auburn Ave., Cincinnati, Ohio 45219
28. Woodrow Wilson — Address: 18-24 Coalter Street, Staunton, Va. 24401
29. Warren Harding — Address: Highways 97 and 288, Blooming Grove, Ohio 44878
30. Calvin Coolidge — Address: P.O. Box 247, Plymouth, Vermont 05056
31. Herbert Hoover — Address: West Branch, Iowa 52538
32. Franklin Roosevelt — Address: 519 Albany Post Road, Hyde Park, N.Y. 12538
33. Harry Truman — Address: 1009 Truman Ave., Lamar, Mo. 64759
34. Dwight Eisenhower — Address: 208 East Day St., Denison, Texas 75020
35. John Kennedy — Address: 83 Beals St., Brookline, Mass. 02146
36. Lyndon Johnson — Address: Box 329 Johnson City, Texas 78636
37. Richard Nixon — Address: 18001 Yorba Linda Blvd., Yorba Linda, Calif. 92686
38. Gerald Ford — Address: 3202 Woolworth Ave, Omaha, Neb. 68103
39. James Carter — Address: 300 North Bond St., Plains, Ga. 31780
40. Ronald Reagan — Address: 119 S. Main St., Tampico, Ill. 61283
41. George H.W. Bush — Address: 173 Adams St, Milton, Mass. 02187
42. Bill Clinton — Address: Bill Clinton was born at the Julia Chester Hospital in Hope, Ark. The hospital has been demolished.
43. George W. Bush — Address: George W. was born to Barbara and George Bush in what was then Grace-New Haven Community Hospital and is now Yale-New Haven Hospital.
44. Barack Obama — Address: Unknown.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.