There are a lot of reasons why Donald Trump doesn't read much, but at the top of the list is this: he just doesn't have time.
In a story in The Washington Post
, Trump said that he hasn't read any presidential biographies, he despises reports that run more than three pages, and his office is bereft of books on shelves.
"I'm always busy doing a lot. Now I'm more busy, I guess, than ever before," Trump, who will officially be anointed the Republican nominee for president later this week at the GOP convention, told the Post. "I have so little time."
According to the Post, there are other reasons why Trump doesn't like to read:
- He already possesses enough knowledge and common sense to make correct decisions.
- He's skeptical of experts who write books: "They can't see the forest for the trees."
- Reading long documents is a waste of time: "I'm a very efficient guy."
One historian warned against reading too much into it.
"We've had good presidents of both styles," David Greenberg, a historian at Rutgers University, told the Post. "There's a kind of danger when intellectuals and journalists see these presidents who don't read much and scorn them as being not so swift."
The Post reported that Trump has read or shown an affinity for a few titles in the past, including:
- "Unlikeable: The Problem with Hillary" by Ed Klein
- "All Quiet on the Western Front" by Erich Maria Remarque
- "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale
- "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu
And the Post reports Trump is well-read on China, citing a 2011 interview Trump did with the official Chinese news agency that he had read "hundreds of books about China over the decades."
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.