Republicans continue to maintain a lead in the race to capture the U.S. Senate in November according to polling released Sunday, The Huffington Post reported
A CBS/New York Times/YouGov poll reveals
that the GOP enjoys "at least a nominal lead in eight states held by Democrats, more than the six they need to retake the chamber," Nate Cohn writes in The New York Times. The poll forecasts Republicans have a 61 percent chance of recapturing the Senate.
Huffington Post modeling
shows a more competitive state of affairs, with Republicans having a 55 percent chance of winning control of the Senate against the 45 percent prospect that Democrats will retain their majority.
The YouGov poll found that the race in Alaska is moving in the direction of Republican challenger Dan Sullivan, who is seen taking a lead over Democratic incumbent Sen. Mark Begich. Solid polling data for this race has been scarce and contradictory, Huffington Post reports.
Meanwhile, polling by NBC/Marist
in Arkansas, Kentucky, and Colorado— among the most hard-fought races — shows Republicans ahead in Arkansas and Kentucky, with the incumbent Democrat ahead in Colorado.
NBC/Marist's polling of the Kentucky race finds Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell leading his Democratic challenger Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes 47 percent to 39 percent. McConnell leads by 4 to 5 point margin in CBS/NYT/YouGov surveys.
Republican challenger Tom Cotton is ahead of incumbent Arkansas Democrat Sen. Mark Pryor in the NBC/Marist results 45 percent to 40 percent. The CBS/NYT/YouGov has Cotton leading 43 percent to 39 percent. Pryor polls less well when only the smaller pool of likely voters is analyzed, according to Huffington.
Colorado Sen. Mark Udall has a 48 percent to 42 percent lead over Republican challenger Cory Gardner in the NBC/Marist survey, though the CBS/NYT/YouGov gives Udall a 46 percent to 43 percent lead.
Methodologically, the latest NBC/Marist polls took into account whether registered voters in fact planned to cast a ballot. It was conducted by telephone interviewers between Sept. 1 and Sept. 2.
The CBS/NYTYouGov sampling is derived from an opt-in online panel and was conducted between Aug. 18 and Sept. 2, Huffington reported.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.