Skip to main content
Tags: obama | felon | west | virginia

Inmate 41%, Obama 59% in W. Va Democratic Primary

By    |   Wednesday, 09 May 2012 09:20 AM EDT

An imprisoned felon earned 41 percent of the vote against President Barack Obama in West Virginia's Democratic presidential primary Tuesday. Obama received the remaining 59 percent.

Keith Judd, who was thrown in a Texas jail for extortion, may receive at least one delegate at the Democratic National Convention in September, as he exceeded the 15 percent threshold, The Hill reports.

Obama's shaky showing in the primary indicates his lack of popularity in conservative states like West Virginia. Its Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin, who won his primary Tuesday, has volunteered that he may not vote for Obama in November. And Democratic Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin has said the same thing.



© 2024 Newsmax. All rights reserved.


109
2012-20-09
Wednesday, 09 May 2012 09:20 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.

Sign up for Newsmax’s Daily Newsletter

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

(Optional for Local News)
Privacy: We never share your email address.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
TOP

Interest-Based Advertising | Do not sell or share my personal information

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Download the NewsmaxTV App
Get the NewsmaxTV App for iOS Get the NewsmaxTV App for Android Scan QR code to get the NewsmaxTV App
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved