Judicial Watch Wednesday released several recovered State Department emails that were deleted from Hillary Clinton's private server, including a December 2012 document in which Clinton said she had "accepted every one of the … recommendations" of the Accountability Review Board regarding the Benghazi attacks.
"Their report takes a clear-eyed look at serious and systemic problems that we are already working to fix," Clinton said in an email dated Dec. 21, 2012. "I accept all of the board's recommendations.
"All of us have to work together to take these reforms to heart and build on and improve the way we do business," she said.
Addressed "dear colleagues," Clinton used the email as the opportunity to "reach out to you directly after this challenging week, and express my gratitude for everything you do to advance our nation's interests and values."
Released earlier that week, the report by the Benghazi Accountability Review Board found that systematic management and leadership failures at the State Department led to "grossly" inadequate security at the mission in Benghazi.
Despite those failures, however, the board determined that no individual officials ignored or violated their duties and recommended no disciplinary action now.
But it also said that poor performance by senior managers should be grounds for disciplinary recommendations in the future.
The attacks on Sept. 11, 2012, killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans, including two former Navy SEALs.
Another email released by Judicial Watch was sent to longtime Clinton aide Huma Abedin from Rick Jasculca, who worked in the Bill Clinton White House, praising the secretary of state for a CNN interview in which she accepted responsibility for the Libyan assaults.
"It took some special kind of courage to step to the plate and take responsibility for what happened in Benghazi," Jasculca, now chairman and CEO of a public relations firm in Chicago, wrote in an Oct. 16, 2012, email.
In the CNN interview while in Peru, Hillary Clinton said: "I take responsibility. … I take this very personally."
Abedin passed the email on to Clinton minutes later, saying: "A few people have said this to me today. Am sure you are hearing it a lot."
Judicial Watch said that these new emails were released just hours before the State Department was to face a deadline imposed by a federal district court in Washington.
"These new Benghazi-Clinton emails prove that Hillary or her lawyers deleted material which proved to be responsive to federal court orders and congressional subpoenas," Fitton said.
"Clinton's email cover-up scheme is as plain as day."
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.