Billionaire Donald Trump is blowing away his nearest competitor, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, 2-to-1, in a poll of Iowa Republican voters
released Friday by Gravis Marketing on behalf of One American News Network.
Trump has a 15-point lead over Walker in the poll taken of 227 registered Republican voters in the Hawkeye State, asked Wednesday who among the GOP candidates for president they would vote for if the caucus were held today. The results, according to the poll:
- Trump, 30.9 percent
- Walker, 15.4 percent
- Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, 10 percent
- Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, 7.2 percent
- Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, 6 percent
- Texas Sen.Ted Cruz, 5.5 percent
- Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, 5.1 percent
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich, 5 percent
- Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina, 4.3 percent
- Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, 2.9 percent
- Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, 2.8 percent
- Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, 1.7 percent
- South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, 1 percent
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul and former New York Gov. George Pataki each have less than 1 percent of support from Iowa voters. The Republican voters' poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 6.5 percent.
Trump is also the top pick among conservatives, with 28.4 percent of very conservative voters and 35.8 percent of slightly conservative voters supporting the businessman. In addition, Trump leads in every major demographic, like religion or age group, and among men and women.
Walker has led among Iowa voters since January, and he was leading Trump by 9 percentage points in a poll released by Monmouth University
on July 20.
Trump has been climbing in the polls nationally
as well as in early primary voting states.
In a Florida poll
released Wednesday, the real estate mogul was leading both Bush and Rubio, with 26 percent of Republican voters there saying they would vote for Trump; 20 percent supporting Bush; and 10 percent saying they would vote for Rubio.
Trump is also leading in polls in New Hampshire
In the Gravis Marketing poll, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is leading the Democratic field in Iowa with 39 percent support among Democratic voters. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders has support from 18 percent of the voters.
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.