The Rev. Franklin Graham called on Muslim leaders to condemn the beheadings of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians by Islamic State (ISIS) militants, warning a "storm is coming."
In a Facebook post on Monday, the son of the Rev. Billy Graham and head of the Christian relief group Samaritan's Purse said that there would have been an outcry if 21 Muslims had been beheaded by Christians.
"Where is the universal condemnation by Muslim leaders around the world?" Graham wrote.
He said the graphic video, titled "A Message Signed With Blood to The Nation of the Cross" should be taken as a serious warning and that such acts of terror will only spread across Europe and the United States if they are ignored.
"If this concerns you like it does me, share this. The storm is coming," Graham wrote.
ISIS released the video
on Sunday of the 21 Egyptian men who were kidnapped while working in Libya.
A statement in the ISIS propaganda magazine Dabiq said, "It is important for Muslims everywhere to know that there is no doubt in the great reward to be found on Judgment Day for those who spill the blood of these Coptic crusaders wherever they may be found," CNS News reported.
The statement also accused the Copts, who are an Orthodox Christian minority in Egypt, of following Pope Shenouda III, who led the church from 1971 until he died in 2012, and of "the taghut [idolator] Sisi."
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi is hated by the Islamist militants.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.