The White House is readying for an immigration blitz, according to a Politico item on September 28. A White House Hispanic adviser opined that October will see a “Day of Dignity and Respect” to reinforce the message that U.S. citizens owe those residing in the country illegally not only “subservience but abject penance.”
President Barack Obama’s statement that the USA is “not exceptional” has been adopted by his minions in formulating immigration policy. With Obamacare seemingly secured, the president now seeks a comprehensive immigration bill to confirm his views on global social justice.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi plans to introduce her comprehensive immigration bill this month. Pelosi has yet to grasp just how toxic her political positions are in the minds of many Americans. In the House of Representatives, most Democrats follow her lead, despite testimony that “incremental” immigration legislation would be more workable.
In the fallout of Obamacare, most voters are leery of yet another monster “comprehensive” bill; but the partial government shutdown has further polarized the political parties.
Barack Obama was re-elected president when a majority of liberal whites, blacks, Hispanics, entitlement recipients, and unionists voted for him — and when some 7 million to 9 million white voters failed to vote.
Surveys reflect that 70 percent of Americans are against “easy” or “unearned” citizenship. The Obama administration, however, has no intention of allowing this silent majority to derail his immigration legislation, especially in the midst of an unpopular government shutdown.
With the Senate’s Democrat majority in his pocket, Obama is “El Supremo,” according to his Latino supporters. In line with his imperial stand on the federal budget’s fiscal crisis, the president may refuse to negotiate any portion of his forthcoming immigration “reform.”
Although the president maintains his position on immigration reform, he gave it a reprieve in 2012-2013 because of headline-stealing events such as the following:
- The Fast and Furious gun-running debacle that occurred when the U.S. Department of Justice allowed guns to be sold to Mexican criminals, resulting in the murder of two federal agents
- The Benghazi scandal in which four Americans, including the U.S. ambassador to Libya, were murdered by Islamic terrorists as the result of U.S. foreign affairs sloth
- The president’s re-election Campaign in 2012 that pre-empted all else
- The Obama administration’s spying on The Associated Press and Fox journalist JamesRosen
- The Internal Revenue Service scandals involving the records of U.S. citizens that resulted in misuse of governmental authority for political purposes
- The Syrian fiasco, during which President Obama and his advisers had to be rescued by Russia’s Vladimir Putin
- The federal budget train wreck in which Obama, the Democrats, and the Republicans lost their way; and
- The mounting immigration crisis resulting from the Obama administration’s failure to curb the skyrocketing costs that illegal aliens place on state and federal budgets for social welfare benefits, education, criminal justice, and incarceration, environmental services, and healthcare.
Add to these events Obamacare bewilderment, and the result is a national unemployment rate of 7.3 percent with many people dropping out of the workforce or making do with part-time work. Concern is growing that illegal aliens are taking jobs from citizens and increasing healthcare costs.
Illegal aliens present a dilemma for the Obama administration and open-border advocates. Indications are that most illegal aliens receive pay in cash (under the table); thus employer healthcare contributions for this ghost workforce are nonexistent. The result is that citizens are paying higher insurance premiums to provide Obamacare for illegal aliens, despite a clause in that law prohibiting their coverage.
The estimated cost to taxpayers for illegal immigrants is $446 billion annually and rising. Education and free healthcare are among the escalating costs, with one-fourth of students (K-12) in the United States now Hispanic. In the four Southern Border states plus Florida and Nevada, more than half of students in grades one through 12 are Hispanic.
Americans are becoming immune to daily accounts of murders and crimes committed by illegal aliens, many of whom are members of criminal gangs that benefit from “prosecutorial discretion” and “deferred deportation” provided not by law but by bureaucratic fiat.
Such Department of Justice programs reflect the Obama administration’s lenient stand on illegal aliens. For political reasons, law enforcement agencies give a pass to Mexican Drug Cartel (MDC) gangs running wild through U.S. cities. Chicago is the murder capital of the nation; Washington, D.C., is second; and gang members injured in shoot-outs receive free medical care.
The result is immigration chaos; yet Obama and many Democrats see unrestricted immigration as essential for global social justice. When was U.S. policy reshaped as “Come One, Come All”? When citizens didn’t make it to the polls.
James H. Walsh was associate general counsel with the U.S. Department of Justice Immigration and Naturalization Service from 1983 to 1994. Read more reports from James Walsh — Click Here Now.
© 2024 Newsmax. All rights reserved.