Tags: dewshine | deaths | mountain | dew | methanol

Teens Die After Drinking 'Dewshine'

Teens Die After Drinking 'Dewshine'
(Copyright DPC)

Tuesday, 02 February 2016 03:06 PM

Two Tennessee teenagers died after drinking "dewshine," a mix of Mountain Dew soda and methanol — known as "race car fuel" — officials said.

Police in Greenbrier, Tenn., are investigating after Logan Stephenson, 16, was found unresponsive in his home last Thursday, People reports.

Stephenson is the second teen whose is tied to bizarre cocktail: J.D. Byram died Monday night at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

The two teens were students at Grienbrier High School and were reportedly among a group of students experimenting with the cocktail last week. Two other students were taken to the ER after coming forward and saying they'd also drank the mixture, but have been released with a clean bill of health.

The drink mixture has long been known to be toxic. In 2012, at least 20 people were killed and dozens sickened in the Czech Republic after alcohol tainted with methanol circulated in the Eastern European country.

© 2019 NewsmaxHealth. All rights reserved.

   
1Like our page
2Share
Diet-And-Fitness
Two teenagers have died after drinking 'dewshine,' a mix of Mountain Dew soda and methanol - known as race car fuel - officials said.
dewshine, deaths, mountain, dew, methanol
150
2016-06-02
Tuesday, 02 February 2016 03:06 PM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
 

The information presented on this website is not intended as specific medical advice and is not a substitute for professional medical treatment or diagnosis. Read Newsmax Terms and Conditions of Service.

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved