×
Newsmax TV & Webwww.newsmax.comFREE - In Google Play
VIEW
×
Newsmax TV & Webwww.newsmax.comFREE - On the App Store
VIEW
Tags: Trump Administration | Donald Trump | Exclusive Interviews | GOP2016 | Steve Malzberg Show | trump | debate

Trump to Newsmax: 'I'll Go to Next Fox Debate, It's Not About Megyn'


By    |   Friday, 05 February 2016 11:01 AM

Donald Trump confirmed on Newsmax TV Friday morning that he definitely will attend the next GOP presidential debate being moderated by his nemesis Megyn Kelly on Fox News.

Until now, Trump has remained silent on whether he would allow himself to be grilled by Kelly, who he has warred with for months following her questions during the first GOP debate about alleged sexist comments he’s made.

But Trump told Newsmax TV’s Steve Malzberg, there’s no question he will attend the March 3rd debate, and that his boycott of the last GOP slugfest on Fox was not about his dislike for Kelly.

“I’ll be there. I have no objection to being there,” Trump said. “That had nothing to do with Megyn Kelly, the fact that I went out of the last one. That had to do with a memo that was sent out by Fox that was a little bit taunting and I said it was inappropriate.”

Last month, Fox released a taunting statement making light of the debate boycott by Trump, who instead held his own counter-event to raise money for war veterans.

The memo read: "We learned from a secret back channel that the ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president. A nefarious source tells us that Trump has his own secret plan to replace the cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings."

Trump told Malzberg he still stands by his decision to skip the last debate following Fox’s insulting missive which was reportedly penned in part of Fox News chief Roger Ailes.

“What happened is, because I didn’t do [the debate], I raised $6 million for the vets so I wouldn’t have changed places, I mean, I did the right thing," Trump said.

Until his announcement on Newsmax TV, nobody knew whether Trump would show at the March 3 GOP slugfest, to be held in Detroit five days before the Michigan primary and moderated by Kelly, Chris Wallace and Bret Baier.

"It's a long ways away. We'll see," Trump told CNNMoney during a press conference in New Hampshire Tuesday night.

Even Kelly wasn’t sure when she was asked Thursday on NBC’s "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon."




Related Stories:

© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.


Headline
Donald Trump confirmed on Newsmax TV Friday morning that he definitely will attend the next GOP presidential debate being moderated by his nemesis Megyn Kelly on Fox News. Until now, Trump has remained silent on whether he would allow himself to be grilled by Kelly, who he...
trump, debate, fox, megyn, kelly
403
2016-01-05
Friday, 05 February 2016 11:01 AM
Newsmax Media, Inc.
Join the Newsmax Community
Read and Post Comments
Please review Community Guidelines before posting a comment.
 
TOP

Newsmax, Moneynews, Newsmax Health, and Independent. American. are registered trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc. Newsmax TV, and Newsmax World are trademarks of Newsmax Media, Inc.

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Download the NewsmaxTV App