Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich both took to Twitter on Thursday to demand that ABC News include presidential hopeful Carly Fiorina in Saturday's Republican debate in New Hampshire.
Romney, the former Massachusetts governor and 2012 candidate for the White House, posted this tweet:
Here’s what Gingrich, the former House speaker, said:
Fiorina, the former Hewlett-Packard CEO, risks not being admitted to Saturday's debate, which is co-sponsored by ABC and the Republican National Committee and will be held in Manchester.
ABC announced the criteria
last week, saying also that no undercard debate would be held.
Fiorina appeared on the undercard at last month's contest in Des Moines. She wrote the RNC on Wednesday demanding to be included
in Saturday's contest.
New Hampshire GOP Sen. Kelly Ayotte also called for Fiorina's inclusion in the debate.
"Carly Fiorina has campaigned hard in New Hampshire to earn support from voters," Ayotte said in a statement, The Washington Post reports.
"ABC News's decision to exclude her from Saturday's debate on the eve of our primary, while she is outperforming one of the other debate participants in New Hampshire polls, undermines our role in the primary process.
"I urge ABC to allow Ms. Fiorina to participate," Ayotte said.
In Monday's Iowa caucuses, Fiorina placed seventh — with 1.9 percent of the vote — ahead of rivals Chris Christie and John Kasich.
Both appeared on the main stage in Des Moines.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.