The far majority of polls taken after Monday night's presidential debate say Donald Trump came away victorious.
A Daily Mail story highlights many of the polls that appeared online following the showdown at Hofstra University. A CNN survey that found Democrat Hillary Clinton to be the winner is being widely circulated, but that conclusion seems to be in the minority.
Of the 21 polls (including CNN's) mentioned in the Daily Mail story, Trump won 17 of them, including:
- Time: Trump 58 percent, Clinton 42 percent
- CBS New York: Trump 24K votes, 17,600 votes
- San Diego Tribune: Trump 66 percent, Clinton 34 percent
- Slate: Trump 54 percent, Clinton 46 percent
- Variety: Trump 51 percent, Clinton 48 percent
- Fortune: Trump 51 percent, Clinton 49 percent
- CNBC: Trump 51 percent, Clinton 49 percent
The CNN poll found that 62 percent of those surveyed by the left-leaning network thought Clinton won. Trump garnered 27 percent.
Trump went on the defense Tuesday morning via his Twitter account:
In another survey conducted by Public Policy Polling, viewers gave Clinton the nod by double digits — 51 percent to 40 percent. Those 1,002 viewers were pre-screened before the debate began.
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.