Donald Trump owns a 5-point national lead over Hillary Clinton, his biggest advantage since July, according to the latest Rasmussen Reports poll released Thursday.
- Trump: 44 percent;
- Clinton: 39 percent;
- Libertarian Gary Johnson: 8 percent;
- Green Party candidate Jill Stein: 2 percent;
- Undecided: 5 percent.
Trump owns a big lead with independents — 45 percent to 27 percent.
The Libertarian candidate Johnson's support is mostly coming from independents as well, according to Rasmussen.
Comprising Johnson's 8 percent:
- Unaffiliated voters: 16 percent;
- Republican voters: 5 percent;
- Democratic voters: 3 percent.
The survey of 1,000 likely voters was conducted Sept. 20-21 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95 percent level of confidence.
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.