Having published over 60 self-help books audio books, I can personally say that there hundreds of strategies for a great life that we can master, and then, there are also success principles that are subjective and apply directly to our personal situations. Here are 10 suggestions and philosophies to boost your life for mastery in 2023.
- Go Big - Go for a meaningful change this year. Get to your optimal weight, learn a new language, travel to a bucket list location or event, boost your relationship with loved ones. Like many great writers and high performance achievers such as David Goggins, go for something that is 3 to 10 times bigger than you think you can achieve. Widen your sphere of possibility.
- Be Pragmatically Unique - Do what works for you and use your own style if you can. They say the legendary Jimmy Page trained for 7 days a week as a studio musician for several years. By the time he founded Led Zeppelin, he was ready to unleash his own new blistering sounds.
- Get Willingness - Are you willing and ready to transform? Ask yourself if you are willing to do something and commit. If it feels right in your gut or gives you goose bumps, I would suggest doing the research, get a plan and “go for it”. Famous composer Quincy Jones said that he preferred only to publish music that gave him goose bumps.
- Boost Your Vibe - Check your dominant pattern of thoughts. Is there a way for you to raise the quality of your constructive thinking? Can you make a commitment to yourself to try to maintain constructive “self talk” and productive verbal communication to others? If you can try to boost your mindset, the world of new opportunities will continue to open for you.
- Beyond Feeling – Learn to use your imagination to discover what you authentically seek from life. Imagine having some experience or some new thing that you earnestly want in your mind’s eye. Feel it sincerely, and enjoy it in your mind. See if this mental exercise can help you codify what you want your life to look like in the coming months and years. As an example, imagine yourself enjoying a walk, a workout, a mountain hike, a jog or even being at your optimal weight. Practice this exercise and it will help codify your desires and intentions and bring new inspiration and ideas.
- Stay Focused - Practice focusing or concentration from time to time – Promise yourself to get something done before going on to anything else. Pay attention to a person or task to the exclusion of all others. Your ability to focus is also your level of persistence capacity with achieving your objectives. Make this the year that we get past petty distractions and accomplish more successes efficiently and effectively. Rewards will naturally come from engaging this suggestion of strategic focus.
- Be the Vibe of What you Seek – If there is a relationship or thing that you truly desire, you need to match your energy with what you want in some way. To be an “investment banker”, you need to get into the character of an investment banker, get the credentials, get the knowledge and “Become The Goal”. Character is what you are, what you think, what you do, what you have, and who you surround yourself with. The question for this year is this, Who are you becoming today?
- Get Over the Rules – Life has scientific rules that exist such as the laws of gravity, laws of motion, and so forth. Society has legal policies such as regulation and taxation. Learning to navigate these complexities is important. In the metaphysical world, the “laws of life” typically require that we maintain optimum mental, physical and spiritual health. Every high performance writer and spiritual author will tell you that the trinity of mind, body and spirit needs structure and balance. If you can enhance your balance of these three for this year, the new alignment and attunement can take you to the next level of performance and happiness. Example: There are people that work too hard and do not make time for relationships and exercise. Similarly, there are those who stay in the gym too much and don’t keep a healthy work ethic or family relationships. They key here is to maintain balance, but also to become more empowered in all three areas.
- Praise, Thanks and Appreciation - This has been a tough time for lots of people with COVID and economic challenges. It would be a good year to do what we can to be thankful for loved ones, essential workers and anyone who helps make our lives easier and more productive.
- Go Beyond Self Care – Make this the year of esoteric and inner growth. Buy a few books or audio books. Get something done to help boost your self-image. From taking care of your health and beauty to hiring a personal coach or trainer, make this the year that you commit to something and stick with it all year long for maximum results. The key to this suggestion is to help you feel better about yourself where your higher degree of “self love’ transforms into the ability to treat others with greater dignity, love and respect.
Bonus Idea: Many struggled with loneliness or well being issues during COVID. Some people had breakthroughs by picking up a hobby, getting a part time job, attending support groups, getting an exercise routine, spending time with children or grandkids, engaging volunteer work etc. The key is to never underestimate occupational therapy, sunshine, fitness, diet, good sleep, and fellowship with others.
Conclusion: From the perspective of optimism, it is important to understand that everything we seek may already exist as a possibility at a level of quantum physics, and we must consider that the probability of success, health, and greatness always exists. Moreover, it is important to believe that we can have all we want without taking away from anyone else due to the pure abundance of the planet.
Those who believe in prosperity believe that much of wealth creation is a matter of mindset rather than simply external factors. Many gurus actually say that there are two types of people. There are those individuals who see amazing possibilities in life, and there are others who are determined to be miserable.
If you can do one thing this year, try to transcend any victimhood from the past, and allow yourself to be a “Victor” that is open to prosperity, joy, health, happiness and other gifts from the universe. It is a general assumption of many self help gurus that our consciousness is the primary gauge to our potential success. Thus, it is our job to maintain, attune, and empower ourselves by boosting our consciousness to new levels with the coming of the new year.
George Mentz JD MBA CILS CWM® is an international lawyer, speaker, educator, tax-economist, and CEO of the GAFM Global Academy of Finance & Management ®. Mentz has volunteered for several Presidents, served as a US Commissioner for Presidential Scholars, and presently serves on several governmental commissions as part of his volunteerism.
© 2023 Newsmax Finance. All rights reserved.