The slogan "guns save lives" has been used online by numerous gun rights activists to make the point that many believe arming citizens is a way to stop violence.
Here are 12 stories that people have tweeted or talked about online that, for gun rights activists, support the idea that guns save lives:
The Camo Hats Are Coming – Bringing Back the Constitution – Get Yours Now
1. Pennsylvania state Reps. Marty Flynn and Ryan Bizzarro were robbed at gunpoint outside the capitol building. Flynn, a former prison guard who is licensed to carry a concealed weapon, pulled his gun and fired when the 15-year-old robber fired his gun. Although no one was hit, Flynn credited the fact that he had a gun with saving his life and Bizzarro’s.
2. On Oct. 5, 2014, a man who ignored Texas’ laws saying concealed weapons can’t be carried into bars, shot and killed two of four armed robbers attempting to rob E.J.’s Bar near Houston. Although many are hailing the patron as a hero, he disappeared after the shooting, probably, Concealed Nation said, because he would face felony charges for taking his gun into the bar.
3. Craig Everette, 23, a combat veteran and purple heart recipient, saved his aunt and her boyfriend in September when his aunt’s estranged husband came to their Pennsylvania house and started shooting. Everette had been inside, but when the husband showed up, he slipped outside, armed himself and came back, shooting the man to death.
4. In July, a psychiatrist pulled a gun and shot and wounded an armed patient who killed a caseworker. The doctor, who wasn’t named, apparently had ignored the hospital policy against anyone but on-duty law enforcement carrying guns.
5. A woman’s adult son shot and injured his mother’s boyfriend, Tony Hardin, in Tennessee, after Hardin allegedly fought with the woman and chased her with a hammer, threatening to kill her. Hardin faces charges.
6. A father shot two armed robbers who were using his 17-year-old daughter as a human shield, killing one and critically wounding the other. The girl had gone to her car to get something when the two men approached her, pulled guns and told her to go inside the house. The girl’s father and mother saw the incident, both picked up guns and confronted the men, shooting them.
Tell Flag-Burners and National Anthem Protesters How You Really Feel - FREE Offer
7. In May, a 51-year-old grandmother who was approached by two men in a threatening manner went to pull her gun, for which she had a concealed carry permit, when one of the men opened fire, shooting her three times. After being shot in the side and the hand, the woman pulled her gun and shot at the men. They were arrested later when they sought treatment at a hospital for their wounds.
8. An apartment manager sitting in her car while talking with a tenant shot the tenant's husband several times, killing him, after he began stabbing through the window during the argument.
9. A woman being dragged across a Texas parking lot as she held onto her purse in an apparent mugging attempt was saved when a nearby stranger, who was carrying a concealed weapon, joined the situation and held the suspects, a man and a woman, at gunpoint until police arrived.
10. A Detroit retired nurse pulled her gun and stopped a group of people from beating a man to death in April. The man being attacked had reportedly hit a 10-year-old boy with his car, and he got out to check on the child when a group of men attacked him.
11. An 11-year-old girl shot and killed a cougar that was tracking her brother as he walked toward their house in Twisp, Washington. Her 9-year-old brother had killed a cougar near their home earlier in the month.
12. A homeowner in San Antonio, Texas, was returning to his home and heard people inside. He pulled a gun and confronted three burglars, shooting two of them and holding the third in custody until police came.
Special: Until There's a Wall, There Is the US Border Patrol. Show Your Support With FREE Cap
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.