Hollywood stars favoring gun control sometimes speak passionately about their views or simply express their opinions. Either way, they believe stricter laws will help end gun violence.
Here are 12 quotes from Hollywood celebrities who want strong gun control:
ALERT: Should Obama Have More Control Over Guns? Vote Now
1. “I think there should be a lot of gun laws,” said Kevin Costner
, who has portrayed real-life lawmen Wyatt Earp and Eliot Ness on the screen.
2. “It is the right to bear arms which is the problem,” according to “Taken” star Liam Neeson. “I think if the Founding Fathers knew what was happening they would be turning in their graves with embarrassment at how that law has been interpreted."
3. “Doing nothing will fail,” asserted actress Amanda Peet
on stricter gun control laws. “Doing nothing has failed. To people who question the potential effectiveness and/or practicality of these measures, to the people who say it would have happened anyway or we won’t catch everybody, I say doing nothing has failed.”
4. “Who … needs an assault weapon?” asked Sylvester Stallone
, a gun control advocate. “Like really, unless you’re carrying out an assault.”
5. “I was there the night John Lennon was shot, three blocks away,” recalls Academy-Award winner Michael Douglas
. “It left a lasting impression on me. It motivated me to do whatever I could to lobby for small-arms control.”
6. “I’m for gun control. I’m a peace-loving guy,” said Arnold Schwarzenegger
, running for governor of California in 2003.
VOTE NOW: Do You Support a Ban on All Fully Automatic Rifles?
7. “How many more colleges, classrooms, movie theaters, houses of faith, shopping malls, street corners?” asked actress and singer Selena Gomez
while urging a new plan for gun restrictions. “Enough. Demand a plan. Right now.”
8. “I get more reactions on Twitter about gun safety than anything else,” actress Julianne Moore said
about her gun control messages. “I don’t understand how we’re threatening the Second Amendment because we’re talking about gun safety rules. That, to me, is really shocking.”
9. "The Second Amendment comes from the right to protect themselves from slave revolts, and from uprisings by Native Americans,” explained actor Danny Glover
. “A revolt from people who were stolen from their land or revolt from people whose land was stolen from, that's what the genesis of the Second Amendment is."
10. “Yes, people pull the trigger. But guns are the instrument of death,” said Gwyneth Paltrow.
11. “Anyone who would run out to buy an assault rifle after the Newtown massacre has very little left in their body or soul worth protecting,” said actor Jim Carrey following the 2012 Connecticut school shootings.
URGENT: Do You Support Obama's Plans for Stricter Gun Control? Vote Now
12. “I actually hate guns,” admitted action star and gun control advocate Matt Damon
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.