Many evangelical Christians continue to be inspired by the religious philosophies of Francis Chan. The 47-year-old pastor is known for his positive, yet candid words regarding the Christian faith. He is also known to challenge what he deems to be complacency in Christianity and advocate for Christians to become more active participants in their faith. In an article for the Christian Post, Chan calls for followers to translate “the knowledge they have into action
rather than languishing in fear and indecision.”
SPECIAL: Prayer Changes Your Brain in 4 Amazing Ways
Chan is a husband, father, and a best-selling author. His books “Crazy Love: Forgotten God” and “Erasing Hell” have both ranked in the top five on the New York Times bestseller list. His following continues to grow as do his efforts to reach out to Christians across the globe.
Action in faith is certainly a dominant theme of Chan’s messages, but he also provides Christians with countless words about love as it pertains to God and humans.
The following are 10 of Chan’s remarks about love, all of which are excerpted from his best-selling books, “Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God” and “Erasing Hell: What God Said About Eternity and the Things We’ve Made Up.”
1. “When it's hard and you are doubtful, give more.”
2. “Are we in love with God or just His stuff?”
3. “The world is not moved by love or actions that are of human creation. And the church is not empowered to live differently from any other gathering of people without the Holy Spirit. But when believers live in the power of the Spirit, the evidence in their lives is supernatural. The church cannot help but be different, and the world cannot help but notice.”
ALERT: When Do You Think Christ Is Returning? Vote Now
4. “Lukewarm people love others but do not seek to love others as much as they love themselves.”
5. “Am I loving my neighbor and my God by living where I live, by driving what I drive, by talking how I talk?”
6. “True love requires sacrifice.”
7. “There is nothing better than giving up everything and stepping into a passionate love relationship with God, the God of the universe who made galaxies, leaves, laughter, and me, and you.”
8. “When you are truly in love, you go to great lengths to be with the one you love. You’ll drive for hours to be together, even if it’s only for a short while.”
9. “He measures our lives by how we love.”
10. “God is love, but He also defines what love is. We don't have the license to define love according to our standards.”
SPECIAL: Can Prayer Heal You? Dr. Crandall Discovered the Truth
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.