Fruits are an excellent source of energy and nutrition and diets rich in fruits provide the required nutrients to the body and keep the body hydrated.
Fruits improve blood circulation, boost immune system, improve digestive system, give glow to the skin, and add shine to the hair, promoting overall health. A fruit diet is a good detoxification medium and, if one is looking for natural weight loss remedies, fruit diet or diets rich in fruits may ensure weight loss without causing any harm to the body.
The five categories of fruits considered best for losing weight are:
Alert: Why 'Diet' Foods and Beverages Can Kill You
1. High-carbohydrate fruits — Diets rich in high-carbohydrate fruits--such as banana, plum, pear, kiwifruit, pineapple, mango, grape, and fig--should be eaten for breakfast. These fruits give the required energy to jump start digestion and provide the required sugar content after the night’s fasting. These fruits should be included in diets on a regular basis and should be consumed with dry fruits, such as dates, raisins, almonds, apricots, and prunes.
2. Low-carbohydrate fruits — Watermelon, peach, nectarine, cantaloupe, apple, and papaya come under this category. These nutritious fruits have high water content and control the body temperature and help expel bad cholesterol from the body. They provide the necessary energy for the cardiovascular and nervous systems to function optimally. The low-carbohydrate fruits like these do not tax the body with excess sugar content; instead, diets rich in these fruits aid burning excess fat and losing weight.
Alert: This Single Food Additive Causes Many of Your Health Conditions
3. Citrus fruits and berries — Diets rich in citrus fruits provide minimal carbohydrates. These fruits include raspberries, blackberries, cranberries, and to some extent strawberries and blue berries. A small amount of lime, lemon, or sweet lime can also be included. These fruits help promote bowel movement and thereby detoxification. They eliminate toxins or undigested matter from the body. Citrus fruits and berries cleanse the blood and reinforce cardiovascular system. This promotes heart health as well. These fruits aid in removing bad cholesterol and improving digestion and appetite, thereby leading to healthy weight loss.
4. Watery fruits — Fruits—such as watermelon, cantaloupe, musk melon, and honey dew melon—all have plenty of water in them with an amount of carbohydrates. They provide excellent hydration for digestion and low amount of carbohydrates for instant energy to the body. These watery fruits provide the required water content for effective digestion and excretion of toxins, thereby aiding detoxification and healthy weight loss.
Special: ‘Healthy’ Soy Foods Can Give You Diabetes
5. Dry fruits —These are dried fruits like raisins, dates, and prunes. Dry fruits can be added in small quantities to fresh fruits in diets. These fruits are excellent sources of vitamins and minerals, and they complement the deficiency of minerals and vitamins in fresh fruits. Dry fruits along with fresh fruits in diets are effective in burning excess fat and reducing cholesterol, thus promoting healthy weight loss. They also improve the immune system and aid in detoxification.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.