Military families make huge sacrifices, and they often have to go long periods of time without their loves ones.
Many companies know this and, in an effort to support these families, they make discounts available to military spouses. Not all businesses advertise their discounts openly, but if you’ve got your military ID on you it never hurts to ask. You never know what kind of rebate you may get.
Here are some of the best discounts for military spouses that we know about:
1. Holiday discounts — A family holiday or even just a day out doesn’t need to cost a fortune thanks to the number of amusement parks offering military spouse discounts.
Special: Loophole Can Qualify Seniors for $20,500 Check
According to Military.com, Disney’s Armed Forces Salute program offers special prices on theme park tickets, hotel stays, and even Disney Cruises.
SeaWorld Parks have a similar program called Waves of Honor, with special promotions and free tickets reserved for military families.
If the outdoors is more your style, the National Parks Service offers free passes to all active members and their dependants.
2. Travel — We’ve already mentioned Disney’s cruise discounts but, according to Militarybenefits.info, you can also cruise at reduced rates with Carnival Cruise Lines and Princess Cruises.
When it comes to hotels, Marriott Hotels, Red Roof Inn, and Best Western are among the many hospitality companies that offer discounts for military members and their families.
3. Computers and other tech — Need a new iPhone or a Mac? You can get up to a 15-percent discount if you buy from Apple directly using their Military/Government Purchase Program.
Microsoft fans don’t need to feel left out though. To keep military families connected, the company offers up to a 30-percent discount on Microsoft 365.
And to stay online, you can make use of the AT&T Signature Program with a discount of up to 15 percent on their unlimited plans.
Tip: How to Retire Comfortably on $2,000
4. Babysitting services — Parents may struggle to keep on top of everything that needs to get done without their partner around, and when your spouse returns, you may need a little time alone together.
That’s why Sitter City offers military families 50 percent off their membership plans, helping you easily find babysitters, nannies, last-minute care providers, and more.
5. Restaurants — Whether it’s a family meal or a special date, there are plenty of restaurant chains that offer anywhere between 10 and 20 percent discounts for military members.
You’ll get your biggest discount at Dairy Queen, which, according to Militarybenefits.info, offers up to 50 percent off to members who visit some branches in uniform.
Military.com points out you should keep in mind that some chain restaurants may offer different benefits based on their location.
6. Clothing and accessories — From everyday clothes and shoes to bridal gowns and makeup, there are a huge number of retail stores that offer military discounts.
Keen Footwear tops the list with 50 percent discounts if you’ve signed up for its Keen Pro Program. And Old Navy’s 10 percent discount on total purchases on Mondays is quite a popular promotion.
If you or someone you know is about to become a military spouse, you can make use of Brides Across America’s Military Bride Wedding Gown Giveaway. The organization works with designers and bridal shops to make sure military brides look their best on their big days.
7. Business loans — On a more serious note, spouses interested in starting or expanding their business at home can make use of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) business loan program specifically for veterans and spouses.
They assign low interest rates and will guarantee up to 85 percent of the total loan, provided you don’t go over $500,000.
Important: Gingrich and Reagan Video Goes Viral. See It Now
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.