When people reach age 50, they can begin taking advantage of senior benefits and discounts. One way to get the best benefits with great savings on products and services is through the AARP Foundation.
An AARP membership costs as little as $12 a year and includes free memberships for spouses and partners. Member benefits cover all areas of everyday living, from entertainment to consumer and health needs. Joining is as simple as signing up online and becoming a member immediately.
Special: Here's How to Never Run Out of Money During Retirement
Here are six of the best benefits for AARP members:
1. Free tax assistance — The Foundation Tax-Aide program under AARP helps some 2.6 million taxpayers each year, the Motley Fool notes. The program includes more than 35,000 volunteers who help members prepare and file their taxes at no charge. The program is even open to people of all ages, but it is mostly used by those 60 and older.
2. Useful information — The information AARP offers for members is considered one of its best benefits. The foundation provides valuable guides, assistance, and webinars on Medicare, Social Security, estate planning, insurance, financial planning, identity protection, and other ways for members to save money, AARP points out.
3. Insurance — Members can receive affordable insurance plans on auto, home, and health policies with reputable companies, according to Christian Personal Finance. AARP makes it easier to reach decisions and get answers to legal, caregiving, and healthcare costs through resources and online tools.
Secret: How to Retire Comfortably on $2,000 Per Month
4. Travel — Great deals on travel include significant discounts on hotels, cruises, and rental cars, explains Money Talks News. Members save money with members-only flight deals through Expedia as well as off-airport parking. Rental cars, hotels, and cruise lines are offered by major companies.
5. AARP publications — Members receive an AARP magazine six times a year and an AARP Bulletin 10 times a year. The magazine provides financial advice, travel information, book and movie reviews, celebrity profiles, and health news. The bulletin offers the latest information on consumer protection, finance, health, and Social Security issues.
6. Individual perks — Spouses and partners of AARP members get free memberships with all the benefits and deals. Single members can join the AARP’s dating service. There are also a variety of discounts for everything from dining establishments to theaters and consumer products.
Alert: 'Rich by Friday' Retirement Technique Available Now!
© 2021 Newsmax. All rights reserved.