It's nearly impossible to not find a Barack Obama scandal or controversy. The list can change almost daily.
Here's a list of seven controversies that have become constant reminders of the ongoing dishonesty of the Obama presidency:
Vote Now: Do You Approve or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance?
1. The "Fast and Furious" operation under the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) began as a way to allow firearms dealers in Arizona to sell weapons to illegal buyers in Mexico in the hope they could catch top dealers in the Mexican drug cartels. It didn't work out that way, and led to the murder of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.
Obama resorted to the tired excuse of blaming former President George W. Bush for starting the operation, but it actually began in the fall of 2009, correspondent Jake Tapper informed White House press secretary Jay Carney, who had tried to repeat Obama's claim and couldn't respond during a press conference.
2. Obama's misinformation about the Affordable Care Act may have led to millions of Americans having no health insurance because of higher costs. After the bill that overhauled the entire medical industry was quickly passed through a super majority of Democrats in 2010, constant revisions to the plan haven't helped.
The people who were told their health insurance premiums would go down saw them skyrocketing. Hundreds of thousands of people discovered their policies were canceled because of new regulations.
3. Former Obama associates have severely criticized the president's indecisive actions in the Middle East, particularly Syria and Iraq. Former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates said Obama "doesn't believe in his own strategy" and Leon Panetta, another former secretary of defense, admitted the terrorist threat has increased in the Middle East because of the president's policies.
Urgent: What Do You Think of President Obama's Job Performance? Vote Now
4. The mistreatment of vets and mismanagement of care at the Veterans Administration has been detailed by the Government Accountability Office, with countless service members put on long waiting lists with no care for months or years. Obama promised consequences, but nothing came of it.
5. The IRS scandal broke after Obama's re-election and Obama said the press reports were the first he had heard about it.
The IRS had been targeting conservative and tea party groups to exclude their tax-exempt status as the presidential campaign had been gearing up. Two years' worth of emails from the IRS commissioner at the time, Lois Lerner, mysteriously disappeared during an investigation.
6. Benghazi remains a controversy that won't go away, despite a House committee's seeming exoneration of the Obama administration, although certain matters weren't addressed and further investigations continue.
The administration first tried to blame the murder of three Americans at the Libyan embassy on an anti-Muslim video, but it was soon clear it had been a well-orchestrated terrorist attack. The Obama administration failed to protect the embassy despite pleas from U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens, who died in the attack.
7. Even the press doesn't escape Barack Obama scandal controversies. The Obama administration's Justice Department snooped into the phone records of Associated Press reporters to find out about a leak. James Rosen, a Fox News reporter, was accused of criminal activity by the department as an excuse to pry into his phone calls and emails.
Vote Now: How Do You Rate Obama Compared to Other Presidents?
© 2023 Newsmax. All rights reserved.